Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cold air project so far.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002 | 02:47 PM
bs
Pro

Question

all right, i'm sure i'll feel really stupid when someone explains this to me... but it seems to me that you have all those vacuum lines hooked in *before* your throttle, so they won't ever actually experience a vacuum. i've never heard the term "eductor" before, but i looked it up and it means "that which brings forth" so i'm assuming by "brake booster eductor line" you mean "brake booster vacuum line". either way, i'm positive that the line from the evap canister needs vacuum for the purging effect to even work, so please explain where this vacuum comes from so i can erase this post and pretend i'm not stupid.
Old 04-16-2002 | 04:22 PM
Outlaw952
Instructor

All normally aspirated engines suck air in. You will get a vacuum anywhere in the intake system after the air has entered in past the air filter.
Old 04-16-2002 | 06:19 PM
instigator
Racer

BS the eductor is the only word i know to describe what this device does. the booster is connected to the inlet side, the outlet is connected to the intake manifold. the other line that comes off the "eductor" is from the intake pipe in which this air is pulled in by the vac in the intake manifold the eductor is basically a venturi tube designed to get more vac from the booster. the hose that runs from the pipe has a restricter inside so i guess its a metered soursce for the extra booster pressure.

as far as the vac lines they are on there respective connections (the blue lines)

like outlaw stated there is a vac in the cold pipe because it is down stream of the afm. if you really look at the stock J pipe you'll see all the connections that you are refering to.

Quick Reply: cold air project so far.....