Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Anyone's pets ever watch TV like this one???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 02:55 PM
Jim 944S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I was married, we had a black cat named Persiphonie. Persiphonie was an F-1 fan who's favourite circuit was Monaco. She was espcially fond of the hairpin and always looked around the corner of the TV to see where the car had gone.

Come to think of it, we should have signed her on as a corner worker!

Jim 1987 944S
Old 04-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Dave951M
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a half-siamese when I was growing up who was addicted to ACC basketball. She would sit on top of the tv, watch the game, try to "steal" the ball and would run around the floor looking for the ball when it went off screen. Current menagerie is three cats, a dog, and a parakeet. None of the current crop are showing any signs of intelligence.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:40 PM
Tom
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice cats!!

Mine are a spotted Brown Tabby (a junior sized Jaguar named Junior) and a Black (looked like a little black panther when a kitten named Huey. Now looks like a little black bear) They entertain themselves and only occasionally interested in TV, mostly wildlife bird shows. They are very avid ornithologists.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:46 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Ever since I was a wee lad...I was told dogs cannont SEE the image on TV...its not true?

This is like a lil kid findout santa isnt REAL!
Old 04-30-2003, 10:05 PM
JDeitz951
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Mike Markota:
<strong>Ever since I was a wee lad...I was told dogs cannont SEE the image on TV...its not true?

This is like a lil kid findout santa isnt REAL!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">My Welsch Springer Spaniel has watched TV since since he was pup. He mostly likes animals and such, occasionally watches people argueing or fighting. He definitely tracks them as they move across the screen and if I switch it to the picture-in-picture little box, he watches it there. Sometimes he will look behind the TV when they go off screen.

Just two really mind-blowing things (there are many)he has done since a pup: 1)when he was still a pup, we could not figure out why he bit at the screen and then looked at us and then bit at the screen, over and over. We soon realized he only did it whenever we ignored him and he wanted a drink or to be let out. Instead of scratching at the door (never), he interferes with our TV viewing until he gets our attention! 2) One time I saw a squirrel or something outside the door and said "Willie, look, look!". Instead of running to the door, the dog runs over to the TV! I didn't even know he understood the word look, let alone associated it with the TV. Does it every time! Weird but true!

Quick Reply: OT: Anyone's pets ever watch TV like this one???