Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parting Ways with my 951, GREAT car for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010 | 07:47 PM
WHAMspeed
Instructor

Default Parting Ways with my 951, GREAT car for sale.

86 Porsche 951 For Sale

Well guys, it's time. I'm parting ways with car to make room for other things.

This car is about as well maintained as you'll find out there. The car has 78,700 original miles and is in Houston, TX 77008. I bought the car from a Rennlister in January of 2008. This car has been cared for extensively by every owner. Literally every piece of maintenance has been documented on this car since the day it left the dealership and is in a notebook within my possession including the original window sticker. It sold for $35,127 in 1986! It is mostly all stock minus the cosmetic mods so if you are looking for a low mileage original car, this is the one. The car needs nothing and is ready to thrill the next owner as soon as they turn the key and step on the gas.

I'm offering it up for sale here for the next week or so before I start posting on eBay and Craigslist as I would love to know it will find a good owner.

Cosmetic Mods:
968 Mirrors
968 Door Handles
Cup 2's with spacers (car has a great stance)
Bridgestone Potenza's 225/45YR17 255/40YR17 85-90% tread

Performance mods:
Stainless Cat Back Exhaust

Recent work in the last 100 miles:
New (not rebuilt) A/C Compressor
New A/C Dryer
New A/C Expansion Valve
New Front and Rear Cam Shaft Seals
New Slave and Clutch Cylinder
Belt Tension
Rear Hatch Re-seal
Thermostate replacement
Stereo (Pioneer DEH-P310UB)
4 speakers (JVC 4x6 and 5x7)
Hood Struts
Rear Hatch Struts (not attached due to curing of the hatch re-seal)
LED Clock repair
Oil flush and change

Recent work in last 500 miles:
New Radiator
New Thermoswitch
Coolant Flush and Change

Clutch replaced by a previous owner at 60,028 miles.

Exterior:
Great Condition minus two small dings that could probably be easily fixed with paintless dent repair. Rock chips have been touched up with body matching paint.

Interior:
Great Condition. No cracks in the dash. Bolster IS worn through on drivers side but not as bad as many I've seen.

Wheels:
I'd give them about a 93 out of 100. There is no road rash but some normal wear.

The usual suspects:
Sunroof doesn't work - I've replaced the console switch and relay (with new) so it is most likely the relay above the dome light.

Steering wheel is worn but I do have the leather kit to repair it.

Stone guards are in need of replacement. This may be fixed before the new owner gets it, but no promises.

Here is a link to some pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54226130@N08/?saved=1

I'm asking $9500 but will accept REASONABLE offers. If you know these cars, you know this one is exceptional so please don't waste your time or mine by with unreasonable offers.

If you have questions ask! Thanks for looking.

Quick Reply: Parting Ways with my 951, GREAT car for sale.