Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a virus from "info@partsheaven"

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2002 | 06:00 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Post Got a virus from "info@partsheaven"

In my search for wheels I lost track of who I contacted. I got an e mail from "info@partsheaven" the subhect was "FWmynameTry again"

I being the schmuck that I am downloaded the zip file titled "ezjz.zip". Being the lucky schmuck that I am norton told me there was a virus and I deleted the file from the recycle bin. Now im running norton, and hope i have a computer when I reboot.

Is this the same virus Dan Iceshark told us about last week?
Old 04-06-2002 | 06:21 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Tom, yeah, it could be the same one. My virus wanted me to keep logging into some MSN site, so this screen would pop up every couple seconds. User name was "**** You". Just what I want kids to see! And if my mother ever came by and used the computer and that popped up, I wiould just die. Some jerk is out there.

Norton will probably work (and we ran that also) but I think the product that killed the bug was Norman (old ThunderBYTE). I'm really sorry if I spread it to any of you guys as I know and admit I had it for a awhile. More than a few hours.

Quick Reply: Got a virus from "info@partsheaven"