Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water sloshing around the car?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 10:05 PM
cb944
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, I'm still in the dark on this!

Yesterday I checked out the door drains, they all seem clear and the doors seem to be dry. I'll be pulling the door cards off soon though for a proper check.

Drains in the rear quarters are clear, water runs through them fine. The trays under the bonnet are fine and water can drain away no problems. I can't find any drains around the front arches though - not sure if I'm looking in the right place?

I'm going to buy a new sunroof seal - I replaced the outer one a couple of years ago, so I'll probably just do the interior one. It's the only thing I can think of as I am getting water on the inside C-pillar on one side, so clearly water is getting in there.. I just can't see how that translates to the location where I'm hearing the water.

I'm currently doing a complete overhaul of the interior (I'm photographing it all so will post the whole process when complete), so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that somewhere along the way, I figure it out!

Chris.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:09 PM
till_that_day
Instructor

sorry if I dummed down the thread, but seriously... take it thru a high pressure car wash. It will show you immediately where your leaks are.

But I would say you are getting water in the hatch thru the glass seal or the sunroof and its just finding its way into the pillar. Remember water takes the easiest path and it might not always be where you expect. Now where the reservoir of water making the noise is I dont have a clue, but fix the leak and you dont have to worry about it.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Jay W
Addict
Rennlist Member

The rear quarter windows can leak around the seals and put water on the floor and maybe even where you describe.

Quick Reply: water sloshing around the car?!?!