Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help,my car won't idle

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 08:43 PM
rfuerst
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Help,my car won't idle

Well I was stuck in traffic the other day because of a accident,sat there idleing for about 20 minutes or so with the AC on when we got the O.K. from the police to move,I took off and my house was only 1/2 mile away,I pulled over to turn in my neighborhood and the car stalled.I hit the starter and she fired right up and stalled when I let off the gas.I limped home with it stalling 2 more times.This morning I start the car up and it starts right away,I let it warm up for about 1 minute and as I start backing out of driveway when I let off the gas she stalls.It does this all the way to work and back.When I get home today it stalls as I pull into the garage,I let it sit for a minute,start the car up and it idles fine,blip the throttle 5-6 times and each time it idles great.I then turned on the AC,did the same blip of the throttle and idles great,anyone have any ideas what this could be.Other than this sudden idle issue,the car runs great and pulls very strong.Sorry for the long post.Car is 1987-944S NA.Thanks

Quick Reply: Help,my car won't idle