Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010 | 01:36 AM
87 944 C
Drifting

Default need some opinions

as some may recall my 944 had an engine fire on memorial day weekend. well since then 2 things have gone through my head as to what to do, they are

1: full restoration to original

2: strip it down to chassis and build a purpose built racer. eng: 2.5l turbo with 3L crank(2.8L), turbo it Body: 968 turbo rs rear spoiler, 951 front end, Lindsay racing S5 header panel, 17" wheels from something else Porsche Int: stripped and redone in black light weight carpet or left bare, two racing buckets, new dashboard, and some other lil trinkets and trash...maybe lexan windows as well(don't know maybe street legal), Paint: GT3 RS Orange, over black, with black rims
Old 08-14-2010 | 03:04 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

my two cents.

both of your options are very involving. the full restoration to building a purpose built race car will take lots of time and money. note that all the time and money put into it, IF you do sell the car, you will not get that money back. and the fact that it had an engine fire will make it unattractive to buyers. that is IF your going to sell it in the end.

you cannot go wrong with both options, as their end result is going to end in something fun to drive. if it were my, i would not turbo it. to me, turbo engines has alot of plumbing and is more involving in tuning etc for a race car. its not for me, as i believe the more simpler the car, the less that has to be done to it and the less that can go wrong. lots of guys do it with spectacular results. but thats just me.

do an LS1 swap. end of story. when i saw your car last, it seemed in good shape except for the roof. do the ls1 and you have a great sleeper car.

Quick Reply: need some opinions