Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird things going on in engine...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 09:21 PM
FSTPRSH
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Weird things going on in engine...

Okay, as a few of you know, my car is in a coma. Got the replacement engine in it and it is being finished up to run. The engine that failed on me is in the shop out back and I got around to taking it apart finally. I'm in a semi-hurry right now so I'll just get to it...the crankshaft has appearently moved BACKWARDS in the engine (kinda like cam walk, but I've never seen "crank walk"). It forced the rear counterweigth up against the inside of the block, and there doesn't appear to be any sever damget to block or crank. I was sitting at a light, then a "clank clank CLANK, *METAL GRINDING SOUND ALL OF A SUDDEN*, then nothing. Atleast I know what happened now. She served me for 5 years (19 years of life total) and had about 265k on her. I'll try to get some pics up in the next few days before I pull it out to inspect everything. Anyone know how this might have happened other than just old age? The bearings seemed thin in places too. Oh yeah, there was enough chocolate pudding to feed a massive army of ants.

Quick Reply: Weird things going on in engine...