Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power windows not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 01:07 AM
DHC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power windows not working

Ok, I have searched though out the forum and I have tried the solutions, and still nothing. I am pretty sure there is no power getting to the switches, cuz when I take off the plug and test I get no voltage in any of the wires. I have see in a few posts it could be a ground, is there a ground for the windows? Also it see to have happened immediately after I had the transmission replaced. Is it possible that my mechanic forgot the transmission ground and it's causing them not to work? I am also pretty sure the relay is working, because when I plug it in slowly I can hear the relay click, so there seems to be power at the fuse box, and the relay seems to be working. I have also taken all the switches apart and cleaned and reassembled them, they seemed to be in pretty good shape. I have also tried jumping/bypassing the relay (jump position 30 and 87) so that they are hot all the time to make sure there is power. Any ideas?
Old 07-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Calmchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did they somehow get unplugged? The wires that run up there plug into the main harness under the dash on each side.

Does the mirror adjuster **** thing work?
Old 07-23-2010, 11:23 PM
DHC6
Racer

hmmm, I will check that, didn't know there was another connection, and now that you mention it, it doesn't work. Nothing on the doors work in fact. Even the speakers are not working. So where exactly is this harness? So I guess there is one on each side? Not sure why they would be disconnected, but defiantly worth a try. I should have posted earlier, I am away from home till the 11th. Going to have to wait till then to check. But kinda makes sense thanks calmchaos. Any one else have any idea's?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:29 PM
DHC6
Racer

Ok, where exactly are the harnesses? There is one on each side?

Quick Reply: Power windows not working