Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reference sensor spacers

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:24 AM
porschepolisher
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default reference sensor spacers

How many 2mm spacers are there supposed to be? I had one under the ref sensor and two under the tdc sensor, yet the Porsche PET shows only the spacer under the speed sensor? Also, the PO managed to smash the speed sensor (I guessing the lack of a spacer), and broke it off in the mounting bracket, now I can't get the mounting bracket out to remove the bottom of the sensor, any ideas?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:28 AM
John_AZ
Proprietoristicly Refined
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this on your...?
"88 Silver Rose Turbo S in California "

From the beginning,
I did see on the PET the spacer you mentioned (part 32) in your first sentence. Not used. Pic attached.

You do not put spacers between the reference sensors and the sensor bracket.

The sensor bracket has a bracket "pivot sleeve" (part 21 pic)in the same hole as the drivers side bracket bolt. (see pic) The pivot sleeve allows you to move the bracket/sensors up/down.

To set the sensor "gap" you use a -----.8mm----real thin washer glued to the sensor bottom. Set the gap and remove the washer!

Per Clarks:
http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/ign-02.htm

You have a serious problem with the bottom half of the sensor stuck in the sensor bracket.
You can spend hours, or days trying to remove the sensor bracket 2 pan head bolts and the busted sensor half or just smash the bracket and get another used 3 sensor bracket for about $22 shipped.

Cover the TDC hole when you work on the bracket to avoid dropping a bolt/nut in the clutch.

Also, there is a BMW reference sensor interchange for about half the price of OEM.

GL
John
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: reference sensor spacers