Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, front main and water pump question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Cochezz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, front main and water pump question

I set my self a goal to have my early '85 ready for a run up to the cottage before the end of the summer.

Right know I'm doing a new timing belt and it looks like the front main seal is leaking, as well I figured why not replace the water pump.

So here is a few questions.

Anyone every used the upgraded Gates racing T-belt (the blue one from Rennbay)?

How do you remove the Crank Pully on this thing?

How hard is it to change the front main seal? ( can you link me to instructions)

I have the option to upgrade to Turbo Sway bars all around, should I do it?

Thanks
Old 07-19-2010, 01:28 PM
John_AZ
Proprietoristicly Refined
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The easy answer:
Arnnworx

http://www.arnnworx.com/my_projects.htm

Turbo Sway bars?
Thats a good start. Brief explanation from PorscheDoc:

Suspension Upgrades:
Cost: $1800 and upwards
"This is an area that will really make the car faster on the track and in the corners on the street. With the 944s nearly 50/50 front to rear weight ratio, it will still hang with a lot of cars on the road today. With the right upgrades to the suspension, the car will outhandle most cars on the road. It is an area where you can spend a lot of money, or upgrade on more of a budget so to speak. Paragon-Products offers a spec racing kit which covers a good part of the suspension components. For about $1800, you can get new Koni shocks and struts with front coilover conversions and stiffer springs. It also includes weltmeister 28mm front and 22mm rear fully adjustable sway bars, and 30mm hollow torsion bars. This will definitely stiffen up the ride and corning ability of the car. Remember though, it is a tradeoff....

the stiffer you go for improved cornering, the rougher your daily ride will be on the street. Staying mild with a 250lb-300lb spring, and swapping in 968 M030 sway bars in place of the weltmeister bars would be a nice compromise for the daily driver. Or, maybe you just want to upgrade your worn out shocks. Do not bother putting in the stock boge/sachs replacements, upgrade to the konis, for a much better ride (and shock).
You can also spend a lot of money on the suspension if you are seriously tracking the car. Upgrading to a full coilover suspension kit can range anywhere from $2000 for a bilstein setup, to over $4000 for Motons, Penski, etc. The sky is the limit."

GL
John

Quick Reply: Help, front main and water pump question