Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Venturi tube delete???

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 12:12 PM
jensend3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venturi tube delete???

Okay so my brake booster is not working because their is a leak in the real thick vacuum hose that runs underneath the intake manifold. My car is a 1987 built in December 86 and what I have found out is that it uses what is called a venturi tube I guess. Someone told me to buy the venturi tube delete kit by Lindsey Racing.

http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Pors...VDK-VHK-S.html

Thats the part, but it looks like exactly what I have been fearing is the case. I guess I have to remove the whole intake manifold to replace vacuum lines because the kit includes gaskets. Does anyone know if I can get around removing that or not? Are these all the parts I am going to need?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:26 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Gotta pull the manifold. The tubes connect to the idle control valve, which is mounted underneath. No way to get at the hose clamps under there with the manifold in the way (unless you have really thin arms with a few extra joints in them.)

Pulling the intake manifold isn't all that bad. Just make sure you use the right size allen key for the bolts so you don't strip them out, and when reinstalling keep all the bolts loose until you get all of them threaded so you don't strip out the threads in the head.

While you're in there take the opportunity to check the other plastic vacuum lines that run under there, etc. Might not be a bad idea to just replace all the vacuum lines with updated silicone hose.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:32 PM
jensend3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright thanks for the advice. I saw that clarks-garage has a pretty nice tech manual for the job. I'll have to call LR and make sure that their kit includes everything that I will need because I will refresh everything under there while I have it off just like you said.

Quick Reply: Venturi tube delete???