Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple photos of the car, getting ready for Beaver Run this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 03:23 PM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple photos of the car, getting ready for Beaver Run this weekend

Am so bummed that I wasn't ready in time for the fest but I think I've got it all in order for the NASA Beaver Run event this weekend. Shot a few photos yesterday. Still need three more #'s for the hood, which I'll get at the track. Plan to load up the car tonight, unless I decide to change the injectors...

Cross your fingers that my home boy alignment works out and that my belt replacement is on par too.

Oh yeah, the rv photo is for the cincy/indy guys. Wish I had this rig for the lemons race, would have stayed dry for sure...

Tom
Attached Images     
Old 06-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Let us know what you think of BeaveRun. It's within driving range for me, but not a short drive.

PS: I drove NJMP Lightning for the first time Friday and loved it.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:34 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Holy crap Tom, you are nuts! That RV is awesome!!!

Missed ya at Fest but good luck next weekend, let us know how it goes!
Old 06-21-2010, 03:59 PM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

Hey Sam,
I really wanted to haul up for the fest and drive all 3 days but I needed to be in town cause I had a buyer for a motorcycle and I didn't have the car all buttoned up either and I didn't want to come up and just spectate so I stayed home and worked my tail off on car related/rv related crap. BTW, did Ben tell you we bumped into one another at Putnam last month ?

Greg,
I think Beaver is a 4 hr drive from columbus but honestly no idea driving my circus train, I am not looking forward to going thru wheeling and pittsburg in my rig. good thing I have huge air horns !!

Tom
Old 06-21-2010, 04:19 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

lookin' good! Does that RV have air conditioning??? We may have to pit next to you! See you there.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:24 PM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

Darn streight it has air, and a huge fridge for all the Manley beverages

Tom
Old 06-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Todd951968
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by originalmotorhead
Hey Sam,
, I am not looking forward to going thru wheeling and pittsburg in my rig. good thing I have huge air horns !!

Tom
You should not have to go near Pittsburgh. BeaveRun is north-west of the city. If you come thru Wheeling, you will be going up I-79 where there is seldom traffic, unless there is construction.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:54 PM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

Yep, wheeling to 79 is the route google maps has me going. I thought that went on the outskirts of pittsburg?

Tom
Old 06-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Tom:

So, are you actually running in 944 Cup? If so, good luck. I hope things work out so that I can join you some day.

One thing I often wonder about 944 Cup guys is why they don't go with fiberglass bumpers. It's got to be the easiest 50 lbs that you can shed, and you shed it in all the right places. Cup rules allow it AFAIK. Clearly, one downside is that you will break them if you have any contact.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:08 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to add the GTS1 stickers

Looks good. We have 7 944's in GTS1 and a bunch of S2's/968's in GTS2. Stop over.
If you need help with the alignment or belts we've got the tools with us.

John
Old 06-21-2010, 09:32 PM
vt951
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Damn, now that's a tow rig! Car looks great Tom. Good luck next week!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:31 PM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

Unfortunately I'm not running 944 cup, gts1, or 944 spec as of yet. I am taking HPDE3 this weekend in hopes I can get a sign off so I can take the 1 day comp school at Mid Ohio in July or August. I'm really hoping that I have the car close enough so it handles good. Last summer I drove the snot out of it with oem suspension. I've pretty much gone thru the suspension and updated to spec rules, so i've basically monkey'd with everything ;P

I hope to have the car 944 spec compliant soon and then be able to run the other classes/series too. I'm missing 2 items to be spec compliant: 1. glass rear windows(which i have in possesion but have not installed yet), 2. a rear spare tire 'hump' which i had previously cut out to make for easier tranney removal.(I plan to hack one from a boneyard car and bolt it back on) When I started this whole ordeal I was leaning toward 944 cup as there is more you can do to the car, then i realized they don't run much where I am and nasa GL region is better suited for me(convenience wise).

In talking with Dave Royce, at the Putnam nasa event last month, it sounded like the 944 spec class didn't really have a following in the Great lakes region. If that's the case, i want to drum up some interest for it because the gts1 class will require more mods that I don't have the $ for today(but maybe tomorrow). I have the cup stickers on the car because I originally wantedto go that route. At some point I'll try and make one of their events once I get my nasa comp license squared away.

I'm sure some PCA racers could chime in but I was told that for PCA, you just need a sign off from a DE event coordinator / club race director to take their comp school / get a provisional license.

I just want to get on the track and chase down "like" cars. HPDE is so yuck because you get some dude in a C5/6 vett that flogs you down the streights and parks it in the coner and there really is no winning in HPDE, after all it is just a watered down practice session.

Tom
Old 06-21-2010, 10:38 PM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

Alan, hope that v8 conversion is just about done. I've been reading here and there in your thread.

Tom
Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Take some pics around Beaver Run for us. Maybe we could kick the Fest a hour east to change things up a bit next year if the facilities are accommodating. Let me know what you think of it.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

Will do.

Tom

Quick Reply: Couple photos of the car, getting ready for Beaver Run this weekend