Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no spark, no tach bounce, nada, in my 84 944

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've currently got the same problem as you Tom, and sure enough, it's my speed and/or ref sensors. I just changed my starter today as my old one got fried (probably from too much cranking, waiting for the sensors to wiggle themselves into place). I then ensued on starting the car, to no avail; cranking, but no tach bounce. Popped the hood, wiggled the sensors, bangarang! I've looked at them before and they don't look 'too' bad, but we've all seen pics of that before, until you peel the boot back and the things are all corroded and toasted. The covering leading up the the boot are cracked and brittle. I'd say, once you see that, time to change those sensors.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:29 PM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update::

Well, tonight I replaced the speed and ref sensors, well only replaced the one but since i took the assembly out, i had to re calibrate, set the distance for the thing. i ended up using aluminum tape and stacking till i got the.8mm thickness on the end of the speed sensor. then i inserted, locked down the assembly, removed the speed sensor and peeled the aluminum tape back off and reinstalled the sucker and she fired right up.

btw, my "cherry bomb" exhaust sounds very ricey. haha. ok, deeper then a ricer but it's got some kackle to it. i like it.......

thanks to the replies with suggestions. wish i had went right to testing the ref sensors but going thru the entire motions gives me a fuzzy that my wiring is in snuff.

tomorrow i am ordering two new sensors from paragon so i have them on hand for when the two i just put in(used) poop out. btw, i surfed everywhere and paragon is the darn cheapest on those buggers.

now i am on to removing my power steering rack and installing a manual rack.. the fun never ends...

btw, anyone going to stoddard's swap meet this saturday ?

tom
Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PARAGON PRODUCTS FTW

Quick Reply: no spark, no tach bounce, nada, in my 84 944