Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

arc2 and the right green wire / not sure so im asking again

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 04:36 AM
tecart
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post arc2 and the right green wire / not sure so im asking again

dlr944
In the process or installing the ARC 2 the instructions say to:
"Connect ARC 2 Grey wire to Green wire on DME harness terminal #22"

Ok.. but there's four green wires? Which one, the smallest guage green wire?

Thanks
89 951
3"MAF, ARC2, ARM1, LBE

perry951
posted 02-19-2002 14:08
The one that is numbered 22 on the connector. If you take the cover off it, you can see the pin numbers.

Perry '87 951 Guards, Black Leather. Ill Fated Rebuild #4 Under Way!

dlr944
posted 02-19-2002 14:16
Thanks Perry!
Any special procedure for removing the cover? I noticed your from Cincy. Go Bearcats! unless your a Xavier or UK fan?

Danno
I've got some photos of a disassembled connector on my website: 951 RacerX under the "replace clock w/ ARM1" section.

Simple procedure. Just roll back the rubber boot, and take off the little screw. Pull off the upper cover and you'll all the numbered leads. Be careful about the little plates on the side that holds all the pins in. If those drop out, you can accidentally yank out several wires at a time and then you'll have a mess of figuring out where to replace them.

Actually, I think the connector is numbered on both sides. But you still have to take off the back cover to see which wires go to which position.

951and944S
Which instructions do you have, Huntley, SFR..?
I think it's the green with red stripe..

tecart
hey the wire he needs is the green wire solid not any with a stripe. the gray wire for ecu temp input connects to the green wire on dme terminal #22 just like he posted at the top, yes i also ran into this issue ( which damm green wire?) all 3 are fat big solid green and only 1 is thin and solid green, i used the thin solid green one and assume its going to terminal #22 as derrick told me he thiught it was this thin green wire but he told me to check to make sure, if it was a fat green wire i would of heard about it by now, but i think for sure its the green solid thin wire you need, but check and make sure it goes to #22, my arc2 and car runs fine if im wrong anyway but im pretty sure this wire i got connected right, let us know what green wire you find out ok, later

tecart
with so many maf kits done here i really wanted a forsure answer to this, is the grey wire on loom#2 of the arc2 kit supposed to tap into the thin green wire or a big fat one?

well? help on which gree dme wire for the grey wire from the arc2 for ecu temperature input on a 1986 944 turbo?
Old 03-04-2002, 11:10 AM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Will take a PIC when I get home this evening.

XU, Cats, don't matter. Both will be in the big show!

Quick Reply: arc2 and the right green wire / not sure so im asking again