Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Broken Driver's side doorhandle!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 06:01 AM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts
Post HELP! Broken Driver's side doorhandle!!!!!

Help!!!! Last night my car's door handle broke! When the car is unlocked the driver's side doorhandle won't open the door! it will only open from the inside doorhandle. Is there a spring or something that broke on it and can be replaced without buying a new door handle??? or what broke on it????????????? please help...
Old 03-02-2002, 06:59 AM
deni durrell
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you either broke the spring in the external handle itself, or the plastic connector piece on the inside broke off (?). either way, you should follow the directions in the haynes manual for taking the door panel off and carefully peeling off the plastic protectant and checking it out for yourself & to see at what point you have failure. you'll need a mini-mag light to see inside the door and a small bar (mini-crowbar or thick screwdriver) to unsecure the plastic pieces off and out. again, if in doubt consult the haynes book. i have an early model and did this a couple weeks ago. i thought it was much easier to put the door handle back in the door than taking it out. + i replaced the rubber gaskets/seals because they were torn.

it's difficult to say what to replace 'cause you don't know what's broken. but i don't think it would be $$$ because those handles are everywhere.

good luck & don't worry!

Quick Reply: HELP! Broken Driver's side doorhandle!!!!!