Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not running right after DP Wastegate, MBC, Chip, FPR, and Exhaust install

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 05:07 PM
jensend3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not running right after DP Wastegate, MBC, Chip, FPR, and Exhaust install

Today I installed the 300 whp kit from lindsey racing. This may be really dumb im not sure, but my wastegate discharge tube is dented so it wouldn't mate to new exhaust pipe. I decided to put everything else together and try to drive to the exhaust shop but the car does not run right at all. I'm positive I installed the DME and KLR chips correctly. The fuel pressure regulator was simple and I'm sure its correct. I routed the boost reference from the banjo bolt fitting as directed as well, I'm pretty certain the boost controller is routed properly. The car idled fine while it was on jacks but when I went to leave it ran well for just a couple minutes then started to die and rough/low idle. There's only two things im uncertain of can the car run without the full exhaust installed. (Right now only the first section that mates to the down pipe is installed.) And also I have the boost controller turned down to minimum. I'm getting a ride to the exhaust shop but I'm posting because I'm a little freaked out right now. Any help here would be much appreciated.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:24 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 348 Posts

You need that tube hooked up. Car won't run with a massive leak like that.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:37 PM
jensend3
Advanced

Okay thanks. I don't know why I was surprised when it didn't run right.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:52 PM
jensend3
Advanced

Shoot I had the exhaust shop cut off about 6 inches of the wastgate dump pipe and reweld on the same size, but it ended up beings slightly too large of an outside diamter. I wish I had brought home the original dented piece. They were already closed when I called back. If I can't fix this does anyone know where I can order another wastegate dump pipe.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:28 AM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try member lart, he may have one.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Look up Lart on this board for a new pipe.

Leaving the wastegate exhaust off (i.e. the pipe from the WG to the cat pipe) should not prevent the car from running. It should run fine without that pipe, albiet louder than normal.

If the car ran on jack stands, then the chips must be installed correctly. Did you connect the vacuum line to the new FPR? Any chance you mis-routed the MBC and left something disconnected? Have plenty of gas? Are the chips designed to run with the new FPR?
Old 05-27-2010, 03:51 AM
jensend3
Advanced

Wow I feel like an idiot. Somehow i didn't seat the clamps on the short rubber hose between the compressor outlet hard pipe and the intercooler. It must have popped off during my first test drive. The car runs loud as hell right now, tomorrow i'll stop by the exhaust shop and see what can be done. If not ill get ahold of Lart.

Quick Reply: Not running right after DP Wastegate, MBC, Chip, FPR, and Exhaust install