Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boston Mechanic: Jerry Pellegrino at EPE is solid

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Tremelune
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Post Boston Mechanic: Jerry Pellegrino at EPE is solid

<a href="http://www.epe.com/" target="_blank">European Performance Engineering</a>

I brought my car in to him for the belts. When he took the cover off, the belt was shredded, everything was covered with oil, parts were in backwards, some rollers were chipped, along with the (!!!) camshaft. He brought me down there and showed me everything. He explained what he was going to do and why. Instead of replacing the camshaft ($) he ended up sort of milling it and putting in a new camshaft key.

The car needed a radiator and a new starter also, which certainly helped bump up the cost of everything. I know for a fact that everything he fixed was worked on by monkeys at some garage somewhere when my father was the owner of the car (except the rad, I think that caused by a posthumous possum). I ended up spending $2000 on all the repairs, which sucks, but is less than I'd pay for a comparable car. In any event, the car feels better and it sounds better than it ever has, and from the look of things, may not have lasted another weekend trip. He always called me up with questions and didn't do a damn thing until I cleared it. All in all, I'm happy about it.

Said he'd throw in the 1500 mile retension for being a good sport...
Old 09-21-2002, 09:06 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts
Trem,

Do you know how much he charges per an hour of work? I'm up in the Boston area a lot...

Thanks,
sm
Old 09-22-2002, 12:47 AM
Tremelune
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
$85/hr

When I first spoke to him, he said it'd be about 90 minutes to retension the belts.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:34 AM
Andre
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
he is a very nice guy, i live right down the street from that place on franconia Ave so if you guys are ever getting your ride fixed and wanna stop by feel free. However Jerry has his days, some days he'll be the nicest guy in the world others he'll flip on ya!and be careful, not to say anything about the quality or legitimacy of his work but when he says you need a new starter and radiator....MAKE SURE you need a new starter and radiator. Just to be on the safe side but i've heard from sources that there is always something else that has to be done when someone brings the car in there, just a heads up for you guys.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:19 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Jerry's the best......

but he's so busy these days with these trillion dollar 911s he might recommend the guy in downtown Natick!

btw, Jerry was the first tech to put M1 0w40 high ZDDP Euro oil in my old 968 motor for the winter months. LOL.

then the 5w50 high ZDDP rally oil in the summer!

(4.75 bars).

Quick Reply: Boston Mechanic: Jerry Pellegrino at EPE is solid