Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with Steering...HELP!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003 | 03:12 PM
Joel's_84_944
Rennlist Member

Unhappy Problems with Steering...HELP!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys and Gals,

I Just replaced my Power Steering Adjuster that broke in half. I checked the reservoir and found it dry as a bone. I refilled the reservoir and drove it around, Whew.....my arms were killing me trying to get the car out of parking spots, but now it feels smooth. The problem I am having for the last few days is a vibration at any speed while going straight. I also noticed that my steering wheel does not center itself. When I turn to the left or right, the wheel will not re center till I am driving straight for awhile. I lifted the car and checked the wheels and noticed that my right front wheel wiggles a little when I apply pressure. My drivers side Wheel feels solid. could the wheel bearings be causing the problems I am having? Or is something else causing the problems?.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA....Joel
Old 04-06-2003 | 03:18 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Sounds to me like a loose tie rod or worn tie rod ball joint. Also you should check to make sure the linkage from the steering rod to the rack is tight.

Quick Reply: Problems with Steering...HELP!!!!!!!!