Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennbay Shift boot

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 12:16 AM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this was unnecessary. a phone call would have sufficed. ohh closed on weekends?? email it is. but you did not have to come on here saying rennbay is a joke. travis is a stand up guy and what he does for this place is beyond anything else. its not nice.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Lizard944
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In a lukewarm defense of Banshee, nothing frosts me more than "the fine print." At first glance, I too would've probably assumed that the word "kit" meant that it included several parts that had to be assembled by the purchaser. Ebay is the worst when it comes to word semantics in the descriptions. I bought a DME relay off of Ebay that was described as "Genuine Porsche Replacement." The lister even had a picture of the genuine Streibel relay. What I got was something called Uroparts. The lister gave the ridiculous statement that the aftermarket part "genuinely replaces the original Porsche part," and that he described it as Uroparts. After sifting through four paragraphs of fluff about his business, there it was; under "Brand," it said "Genuine/uro."
I've bought things from Rennbay and have been totally satisfied with the performance of the products, but some things are slightly different than they appear on the site. I bought the belt tensioning wrenches and the handles appear to have that plastidip stuff on them, but it is really only a thin coat of blue and red paint. And no numbers indentifying the size as it shows on the site. Also, the odometer gear was pictured as translucent yellow, identical to the O.E. piece, but I got a white injection molded one. Small gripes for parts that function perfectly well, and you can't beat the price. I'll continue to support small business.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:06 AM
Banshee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lizard i appreciate you defending me but because of the ridiculousness of the few guys that posted before you, i didn't have the patience to read everything you said.

You guys are blowing this way out of proportion, i have already learned my lesson and i have moved on. Whats with this sudden hostility, do you feel you need to make this a 8 page thread full of bickering because your just a f'ing forum troll anyways?

Quit your bitching, you f'ed up, not once, but twice because a friend steered you wrong and now because a business is not open on the weekend to deal with you not being able read the vendor is a joke. Out of curiosity how long before you called Rennbay misleading and a joke did you e-mail Rennbay?

Seriously, if you are complaining about a $42.50 shift boot, you are in for a rude awakening the first time you have to actually replace something to keep the car running, like a full belt, roller and waterpump R&R.

Tom
Chill the *** out man, when i found out, I emailed Rennbay, i have already gotten a response from Travis and i have already sent an email back thanking him for the quick response. I have apologized ...blah blah etc. etc. This is already past me but thanks to you guys i have to tell you where you stand, and that being wayyyy out of line. Did you even READ, the whole thread? All i have been doing is disarming the situation, trying not to let this thread get hijacked by people like you. Thanks for your useless input.

this was unnecessary. a phone call would have sufficed. ohh closed on weekends?? email it is. but you did not have to come on here saying rennbay is a joke. travis is a stand up guy and what he does for this place is beyond anything else. its not nice.
I'll tell you whats unnecessary, and thats your post. Again i have already responded back to Travis's email and he is a really nice guy. That has only been said a million times on this thread already by other people, please don't pad your post count on my thread, because honestly what you said was so irrelevant i didn't even have time to read Lizards post. Thanks
Old 04-06-2010, 05:09 AM
Banshee
Instructor

Small gripes for parts that function perfectly well, and you can't beat the price. I'll continue to support small business.
As will I. This is the first time that i have bought something from Rennbay, and i will continue to have a good outlook on buying from Rennbay in the future.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:59 AM
pa944red
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Banshee
Lizard i appreciate you defending me but because of the ridiculousness of the few guys that posted before you, i didn't have the patience to read everything you said.

You guys are blowing this way out of proportion, i have already learned my lesson and i have moved on. Whats with this sudden hostility, do you feel you need to make this a 8 page thread full of bickering because your just a f'ing forum troll anyways?

Chill the *** out man, when i found out, I emailed Rennbay, i have already gotten a response from Travis and i have already sent an email back thanking him for the quick response. I have apologized ...blah blah etc. etc. This is already past me but thanks to you guys i have to tell you where you stand, and that being wayyyy out of line. Did you even READ, the whole thread? All i have been doing is disarming the situation, trying not to let this thread get hijacked by people like you. Thanks for your useless input.

I'll tell you whats unnecessary, and thats your post. Again i have already responded back to Travis's email and he is a really nice guy. That has only been said a million times on this thread already by other people, please don't pad your post count on my thread, because honestly what you said was so irrelevant i didn't even have time to read Lizards post. Thanks

Well, I did read the whole thread but must have missed the fine print where you wrote "I emailed Rennbay, i have already gotten a response from Travis and i have already sent an email back thanking him for the quick response." Now if you would have wrote that somewhere I'd put money on it you would not be getting half the crap you are.

Here's some more useless input, if you would have never posted what you did in the beginning, there would be no situation to diffuse, did you think about that?

You know what else would go a long way? Is if you edit your first post, so when someone searches for Rennbay in the future to see if they have a good reputation they do not find your misleading thread that calls Rennbay a joke.

It just really irks me when people bash the relatively few vendors we have for our cars for something that was not the vendors fault. OK I can get down now.

I guess I am done being a troll now, back to work.

Tom

Last edited by pa944red; 04-06-2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-06-2010, 09:07 AM
TNT25169
Instructor

Yes sir. Don't worry but that was the first thing i did when i wrapped my head around it, (way before i posted this) i sent a email to the Rennbay customer service. If they were open weekends i would have called them, but had to resort to email.
Yeah, what ********....not being open on Easter weekend. I've heard stories of them answering the phone on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and the 4th of July but it's completely un acceptable to not answer the phone on a holiday weekend when most people are with their families....they should just close up shop and stop supplying quality new, used and aftermarket parts to the 944 community....
Old 04-06-2010, 09:18 AM
gt1scca
Instructor

...thanks to you guys i have to tell you where you stand, and that being wayyyy out of line. Did you even READ, the whole thread? ...Thanks for your useless input.
+1 pa944red, theykallmekem, PorscheDude1 and TNT25169.

I also read the WHOLE thread...Bashmaster Banshee made sure it stayed visible.
This keyboard jockey started his thread wayyyy out-of-line.
I'm surprised Travis responded to this BS.

I'll even further defend Travis here...
I remember discussing web graphics for the 944Fest site at well past midnight on a Friday, just because
he wanted the sponsors to be properly represented.
A joke? Hardly. This guy works his *** off, above and beyond the call...

The internet makes people 10 feet tall & bulletproof, eh?
Edit your 1st post, Banshee.

Last edited by gt1scca; 04-06-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, Thanks.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Banshee
Instructor

Edit your 1st post, Banshee.
K edited.

Yeah, what ********....not being open on Easter weekend. I've heard stories of them answering the phone on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and the 4th of July but it's completely un acceptable to not answer the phone on a holiday weekend when most people are with their families....they should just close up shop and stop supplying quality new, used and aftermarket parts to the 944 community....
Good job, way to take my case WAY out of context, because not ONCE did i complain about them being closed. You seriously gonna post that man? I MENTIONED they were closed, does that mean i was complaining about it? I am still hoping for a peaceful close to this thread. How could gt1scca even call me the bashmaster when u guys keep responding to it like this? Man, logic never works on this site.

Again Travis, sorry about EVERYTHING now, because evidently you will have to start your reputation all over again. Am i being irrational? Of course...im just trying to fit in. Should i have edited my first post earlier? Sure, i never thought about it though because i didn't think it was a big deal. I sure am a bashmaster.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:33 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

I understand that it was a misunderstanding. I read your post. But I think you just over reacted to the product. But you must be patient and not shoot someone until the crime has been resolved. If you contacted Travis and you still had a problem, then this would have meaning.

As for relevancy, its RELEVANT that you READ THE RULES. If you did, this kind of post would not have happened. This sort of issue is for off topic. I highly recommend you be a member, it has many benefits to the forum and you'll get to know a lot more people with access to the off topic and vice versa cause I'm sure you are a nice respectable guy.

Ohh and you opened this topic. There will be input and feedback about said topic. That is the purpose of a forum. For us all to talk. Now that everything has been resolved, lock the topic. The end.

EDIT: BTW RENNBAY FTW. =D.

Quick Reply: Rennbay Shift boot