Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPR splitter

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:10 AM
xupkid2
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone else is looking for a V3 splitter I also have one. I used it on my car last year and it generated a lot of downforce. It is in good condition and not beat up at all. I am now running in a stock class so I can't use the splitter. PM me if interested.

Thanks
Brian
Old 04-02-2010, 11:25 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yea, it creates a ton of downforce Love it. It has made my car so stable coming over alpha at heartland park it isn't funny.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:41 AM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xupkid2
If anyone else is looking for a V3 splitter I also have one. I used it on my car last year and it generated a lot of downforce. It is in good condition and not beat up at all. I am now running in a stock class so I can't use the splitter. PM me if interested.

Thanks
Brian
hi Brian,

Why not as my interpritation was that splitters were free? (CPR splitter is within size restrictions?)

PCA rule H
Spoilers and bumpers/air dams are free providing they do not exceed maximum factory body width by any amount, maximum factory body length by more than 1 inch, or maximum spoiler height of the vehicle by more than 6 inches. Turn signals, headlights, parking lights and tail lights must be retained in any bumper replacement. Rear spoilers incorporated into deck lids are allowed.

Guess it could infinge rule I but it is not underside of the body as it follows same curvature of the original batwing

I. Modifications to the underside of the vehicle for the purpose of improving aerodynamics are not allowed.

Am I missing something which is going to hit me at first tech?
Old 04-02-2010, 12:25 PM
xupkid2
Pro

Dan

The splitter created so much downforce at Road America that without a rear wing my back end was light in the Carousel. Since we cant have rear wings it means I cant use the splitter.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
jimbo93
Intermediate

CPR I don't have the bumper yet, and probably won't have it by this week end, so if i can't find anything I guess I'll be looking for you come May.

Brian, I am interested in your splitter, do you have any pictures of it? Im curious as to how it mounts underneath the car. Thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Dan, I think that per those rules, a front splitter (like we have) is legal. I also think something like an adjustable 968 wing (even one that's 6" taller to get in better air flow) would also be legal.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:42 PM
DanR
Drifting

Originally Posted by xupkid2
Dan

The splitter created so much downforce at Road America that without a rear wing my back end was light in the Carousel. Since we cant have rear wings it means I cant use the splitter.
I am wondering how muy splitter will affect the balance of the car and have been looking around at options for a new legal rear wing like the 968 TRS adjustable wing. Just no one has been able to offer any conclusions as to whether it will offer any more rear aero.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:39 PM
xupkid2
Pro

The addition of a rear wing is a prepared change so it would bump us up to H class.

Prepared 6.D - Rear wings may be added. For 911/914/Cayman/Boxster models, the wing may not be any higher, relative to a line parallel to the ground at the maximum height of the roof, than a factory (non-extended) 3.8 RSR wing (10” below roofline). For 924/928/944/968 models, the wing may not be any higher, relative to the roofline, than a factory (non-extended) 968 Turbo S/RS wing (9” below roofline). Wings may not exceed maximum factory body width by any amount, or maximum factory body length by more than 1 inch.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:37 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo93
CPR I don't have the bumper yet, and probably won't have it by this week end, so if i can't find anything I guess I'll be looking for you come May.

Brian, I am interested in your splitter, do you have any pictures of it? Im curious as to how it mounts underneath the car. Thanks
Jim

Not a big deal. This was just an older ABS/HIPS template I used to get the radius, but I thought it might work for what you are doing....I wasn't looking for any $$$, just trying to help.

Let me know when you get some dimensions and if nothing else works out for you maybe this will
Old 08-16-2012, 03:59 AM
joebutterfingers
Cruisin'

hey Xupkid2 are you still in possession of the splitter??? I'm very interested in getting one let me know please Pm me

Quick Reply: CPR splitter