Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone need a '83 944?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 12:04 AM
Oilslick964
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Post Anyone need a '83 944?

I just got a call from my favorite wrench and he had a car he thought I might be interested in. Seems a Boxster driver has a 1983 944 sitting in his garage (wife's car) that is rarely driven. It was her driver untill 1999 and has just been an occasional weekend car since then. Maintenance has been kept up, though. He brought the car in for service today and told my mechanic that he would like to sell the car and my mechanic was nice enough to call me. As you can see from my sig. I really don't need this car, but I'm thinking about buying it anyway. Here's the info I have on it:

1983 944. Guards/black leather. 5 speed. A few minor dash cracks. 2 small splits in seat. Hood needs paint due to fading, but the rest of the paint looks great. 15" cookie cutters. All maintenance up to date. No power steering (a plus to me- how many of us have replaced our power steering racks?) Car is bone-stock and has 134k miles. Has pretty complete service history, but a few tickets/stamps are missing. Mechanic says the car is a nice driver and seems to be sound mechanically. I asked him about a leakdown and he said he would do one, but he has driven the car and knows it pretty well and is confident it would be a waste of money to do a leakdown. I haven't seen the car, but I've dealt with this guy for over 5 years and I put a lot of stock in his opinion. I think I can buy the car for around $3500. Owner hasn't said yes to that, but I'm willing to give it a shot! If I buy it and bring it home, my wife is gonna kill me, but I just can't help myself! Would anyone be interested in buying it before I do? I'm trying to talk my brother into it, but he wants a turbo and he can't afford mine!

Anyway, just one of those things that will keep me awake tonight. If anyone is interested, email me and I'll hook you up with the owner. If not, I guess I'l be sleeping in this car for a few days. She'll get over it, she always does!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone need a '83 944?