Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It’s a secret shhhhhhhh! T-belt water pump video!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 11:23 AM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink It’s a secret shhhhhhhh! T-belt water pump video!

It’s a secret shhhhhhhh! T-belt water pump video!

Really!! This is a project I am taking on to see if I can make a few bucks and to assist my fellow p-car owner at the same time!!! I have devised a plan to video document the entire changing guard if you will, meaning all belts and the water pump for our little gems. A friend of mine and I are renting professional video equipment and sound equipment to do this with. The script and most of the documentation are almost complete, now all I will need to get is a sponsor or two, to help out in the cost of development. I’m working on two possibilities right now but as of yet do not have any sponsors. I know this is a bit early to start with the advertisement, However, This video will be made available to Rennlist members fist at a reduced price for a release period then I will market it to the part shops and sell it on ebay.

Here’s what the Kit will include.

1. Complete walk through video covering the entire belt and water pump change.
2. Binder with documentation for reference during the belt and pump change
3. Template to place all removed parts on and new replacement parts to use as a guide while accomplishing this task.

I know first hand how difficult this procedure can be. A written walk through helps considerably however, a complete video walk through will help to prevent mistakes and will be able to cover a lot more information that just the basic walk through, i.e. drilling and tapping out broken water pump studs and the tensioning process shown first hand. SO the cats out of the bag and I am looking for responses on this subject. Suggestions are welcome as well

I am going to perform this on my 87 N/A even though I don’t need them for another 30K and will be showing an 86 pre-auto tension N/A as well so you all can see the diff. I haven’t gone into the turbo version and at this point do not have plans too, because of the similarities in the engines and the process used to change the belts. Well that’s enough information for now I will see what kind of responses I get from this. Let me know what you guys/gals think.

Keith M
A.K.A TaboII

P.S. Rennlist will be displayed prominently in this video just because I can and assuming John want’ it to be.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:06 PM
Type_LT
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Good luck!
Old 09-16-2002, 05:20 PM
James Hamm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I think it's a great idea. Considering the amount of new 944 timing belt / H20 pump questions that are on the board, it's suprising nobody else did it before you. I've seen the belt adjustment video but that would be a great idea to find out if you can take on the job and for use as a reference.

Good Luck.

James
Old 09-16-2002, 05:43 PM
Porsche5050
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Put me down for one. If I had a vid I'd tackle the project for sure currently I'm in limbo about spending 650 to get a shop to do it or save a bundle doing it myself. Be sure to let me know if you get it done.

tariqaleemuddin@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: It’s a secret shhhhhhhh! T-belt water pump video!