Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polishing Fuchs (aluminum) lips?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone interested. When I recently refinished my Phone Dials, I wanted them to look stock, but knowing I planned on replacing them with other Porsche wheels soon (see my other post) I didn't want to drop $12-$15 per can for Wurth. So I used a Rustoleum product. Actually I bought two colors. The Dull Aluminum (figuring I would clear coat them) and another color that was like tiny metal flakes - aluminum color. I know, metal flake sounds so lame/lowriderish. It was too brilliant on the spray can lid, but I thought I'd test it. When it goes on it looks great, though a little bit too bright. But when you put the clear on it? it tones down just right. I've put my wheels right next to my buddy's new Boxster twist wheels - just like these in the write up and they are an EXACT match. My procedure was almost identical to this Audiworld write up. Do yours the same and save a bunch of money - plus you don't have to wait for the mail to bring the Wurth spray cans - especially if you run short. Just my .02!

Quick Reply: Polishing Fuchs (aluminum) lips?