Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the AJUSA coolant hose kit complete?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002 | 01:44 PM
sm
Drifting

ben,

you're correct about 33 not being included. it looks to be a generic hose which you can buy at the local autoparts store. number 25 *IS* included it's a PITA to get off though. i ended up cutting it and then using scissors to shear it from the heater core barb. i believe that should cover all the hoses for you.

the heater valve was only about 12 bucks from Europroducts, Europeanproducts, or something like that. i figured i might as well, since i'm sure the other one was in there since 1986.

i received the kit from AJUSA within 5 business days, so it's not that bad. did you get the e-mail confirmation?

good luck,
sm
Old 05-28-2002 | 03:10 PM
bs
Pro

well i replaced my hoses over the weekend, and have some feedback on this hose kit in case any one else is interested.

first off, most of the hoses seem to be pretty good quality, some of them even had porsche stickers on them; probably oem parts.

however, the kit wasn't really all that complete; if you refer to my pictures above, in the first one, hoses number 11 and 33 were not included. 33 is not the same diameter on either end, but i used a section of 5/8 heater hose and it seemed to work ok. i couldn't find any hose for sale the same size as 11 so i left my old one in. in the second picture, number 28 was not included so i again just used a piece of heater hose.

also their hose clamps were kind of flimsy looking and not as wide as the stock ones. and there weren't enough anyway.

and i got two of hose number 17 (1st picture) so maybe they accidentally gave me the second one instead of one of the ones they left out.

i have called them and explained the problem and asked them to ship me the hoses that i still need. i'm awaiting a call back and will post on how well they deal with this.
Old 05-28-2002 | 04:16 PM
sm
Drifting

Ben,

did you change your heater valve?

sm
Old 05-28-2002 | 04:41 PM
bs
Pro

no... the po had it replaced a few years ago, plus it shouldn't be used much in the next few months since it's summer, plus if it does go there's not much in the way of replacing it, so it isn't as if there's tons of overhead that i'd avoid by replacing it now instead of when it breaks.
Old 06-10-2002 | 07:44 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

bumping,
So bs did you get the other hoses from them?

I want to redo my hoses but I have new heater hoses already. should I get the ajusa kit the for the necessary 10-11 other hoses and sell the heater hoses or should I get them all separately from sunset? It's a turbo. which would be cheaper?

Jason
Old 06-12-2002 | 08:46 PM
bs
Pro

well i finally got this dealt with. after a dozen or so phone calls to Dan in parts who kept telling me he was going to deal with it, he told me yesterday that "we don't include every hose in the car, because then there would be, like, 38 or something; we just give you the important hoses you need". i told him that the radiator hose (#33) was important, and that i did need it, and that the sales rep i spoke with on the phone prior to ordering AND THE WEBSITE both billed this as a complete kit. he said he'd be glad to sell me one. i said i'd be glad for him to send me one for free. he said he'd "talk to [his] boss" and call me back.

well i had been told that i'd be called back at least half a dozen times before, none of which i had, so i called back just now, preparing to tell him how i was going to go on rennlist and tell hundreds of other porsche enthusiasts to never order the kit from them, but to my suprise he had changed his mind and decided that the hose was supposed to be in my kit. feeling pretty good, i told him i also wanted hose #28 for the heater. he said he'd sell me one for $5. i figured i might as well since they were paying the shipping to send me the other hose.

so all in all, this kit should be complete, but don't be surprised if you get the wrong hoses and have to haggle on the phone every day for weeks to get it corrected. and don't think you will get better turn around time by being polite and helpful... i faxed him the PET diagrams with the parts i needed circled and a very polite letter saying i was happy with the service and quality and would just like that one hose please.... that was 2 weeks ago.

it might be worth the call to sunset to at least compare the prices. be prepared to buy some heater hose if you get this kit.
Old 06-13-2002 | 12:47 PM
bs
Pro

gonna bump this once so people will at least know what to expect from aj usa
Old 08-08-2002 | 10:45 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

also putting in a bump. It took a few weeks for them to get all the hoses together for my kit. However, they were always very nice and I got all the hoses required from what I can tell based on the pet. I have an extra set of heater hoses if someone is interested, they would fit 924S/44/51. Thanks,

Jason

Quick Reply: Is the AJUSA coolant hose kit complete?