Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water in Passenger Footwell

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 10:23 PM
Mike 944
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Water in Passenger Footwell

Ok...I just finished driving in some light rain and noticed once I got home, that there was a puddle of water in the passenger footwell. The waters seems to have slid in from in back of the passenger footwell...at the top (where u rest your feet). I checked under the car...no holes. I checked near battery tray..no holes or rust. I removed sunroof...no water there. I did notice though, that when I went under the car, the drain for the sunroof was nice and dry. So what does this mean? My sunroof drain is clogged? If so how do I unclog them (Maybe I'll make another seperate post). Or could it be the seal of my sunroof needs replacing?

Thanks and sorry for long email.
Its a 84 944 by the way
Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-16-2003, 01:18 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My n/a had that, the water came from the battery tray. There were no holes or rust but the drain lines were clogged inside, after blowing them out with an air compressor it didnt happen again.

Clean/Dry it quick #1 your DME is under the passenger foot rest and #2 if that water is from the battery area you want to clean your carpets soon (battery acid)
Old 04-16-2003, 01:47 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts
Dude. Live with it. It's a feature not a bug.

Common on all of them.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:22 AM
T. Bjerk
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check the seal around your windshield Mike. My '87 was driving me nuts because when it rained on the outside, it also rained on the inside! It turned out that the adhesive around the windshield was failing slowly and imperceptably allowing the windshield to slide south. I had a very small gap that was hiddeen by the rubber windshield seal allowing water in. I had to remove the seal to see the leak. I hired a glass company to fix it as it required removing the windshield. It was a tense repair because a broken windshield leaves you on the hook for six hundred bucks! good luck.

Quick Reply: Water in Passenger Footwell