Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Derrek's 944 S2 Cab Supercharged car for sale!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 01:33 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know what you mean, everyone says we are very serious about our PCA events out here, and it is very highly competitive.

But we all do what we can :-)

Take Care
Old 09-12-2002, 01:37 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

from what I hear, that wasn't even a great turnout, we were expecting/not expecting rain that day.....so there were a few that did not show :-)
Old 09-15-2002, 07:50 PM
Huntley Racing
Racer

So is Anderson going to bring the 944 to a Road Race event?
Old 09-24-2002, 12:48 AM
rcldesign
Racer

Why don't we compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges... to compare the AMW 944 to the HR car(s), we should look at HP/weight.

Here, bigger numbers are faster numbers (all else, like driver, etc., being equal)

Derrek's 944S2 SC - .068
AMW's 944 NA - .109
My car - .0848
Derrek's Boxster - .155
Ike's 914 (the 914 running with HR) - .079

Ok, so we can see that the fastest car is the HR Boxster - and it's much faster than everything else. As such, it shouldn't be a good race with anything else. The 944S2 is the SLOWEST car of the bunch. Technically, the only "good" race would be me and Ike. If you want to compare an AMW car to a HR car, you can pick any of the HR cars and the race would never be fair. If you guys want to race, pick the track, and run all your cars. One of you will win (the Boxster), one of you will get 2nd (the AMW 944), and one of you will get 3rd (the SC 944S2). The car's aren't even close. If you want to talk suspension and all that being a "benifit" to the SC car to try and make it more equal to the AMW 944, you can't really make that comparison on an Ax track. You see, when you have a full race suspenstion tuned for a big track (like California Speedway), your car will be WAY too stiff for a parking lot. Why do you think the JSS (bone stock 951s) are doing better in the Ax than the JP or JI cars (modified 951s)? They have less power, the same (roughly) weight, and a MUCH softer suspension (refer to the results link posted earlier as proof of this).

Here's what you all need to do... The AMW car needs suspension and big brakes. After those modifications, you can go ahead and race the Boxster or the 944S2 on a big track (TCRA is doing Willow next weekend!), then we can see who will win. The point is, for a race to be legitimate and fair, either AMW needs to add suspension, or HR needs to remove suspension - then the race needs to occur on a big track.

I think it would be a fun race to watch, honestly. Based on all the crap you guys fling at each other in this, and other forums, I'm sure the drivers would be very aggressive - and with the cars much closer in their abilities, it should make for a good race.

Let me know if/when/where you guys are going to do it, and I'll be there with a camera since I know one of you will cry foul for some reason or another on the other.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:50 PM
Huntley Racing
Racer

We keep going road racing with an Anderson no show every time??? Lets play!!
Old 09-25-2002, 01:21 PM
AMW
Intermediate

I like that post, but I don't see how you came up with the numbers for the cars?

You devide HP by the weight? Then we would have ??.

I just edited this post, I'm still trying to see how you got the numbers...I also corrected the weight.

225hp at the tires, divided by 2400 pounds.

I don't know what Dereks car makes, Its light as hell...but did you have the HP numbers to do the math?

As far as not showing at the tracks, thats true, we bought the frame and have been building it up for a few months. It will be at willow this october. But in the short term, we have been out shaking it down at every PCA event in San Diego.

Now to be honest, Derrek...you have not had one of your cars on the track in a long time, its your customer cars that have been out. But the only car you have had on the track under your name lately is a one time race in that 951 we built together in a 3 day marathon for the willow event a while agao. Prior to that, your Zebra has not seen the track in years. The boxster of yours has not been to a race yet under your name, so...it looks like we both will be showing our cars for the first time on a big track at a Porsche event this fall...now, that will be cool. It really will be a blast....I doubt you will be in our group, so a head to head race won't happen. But still, fun all the same :-)

Take Care
Old 09-25-2002, 01:51 PM
Steve Lavigne
Three Wheelin'

[quote]Originally posted by AMW:
<strong>225hp at the tires, divided by 1400 pounds.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Old 09-25-2002, 03:50 PM
AMW
Intermediate

LOL, Steve...I wish the weight was correct...its 2400lbs...Put you eyes back in. And I must correct my post again...Derek was at the California Speedway in the Boxster..I missed it, damnit. I though he was modding his motor, but maybe not. I don't know how well he did, he said he beat a well prepped GT2 ( i think), but if Derrek went the distance, or his overall place at the end of the race was not mentioned in his post.

Take Care!
Old 09-28-2002, 04:53 AM
rcldesign
Racer

Exclamation

For clarification, I completely estimated weights and HP for all the cars, except my own

I think I went a little heavier on AMW, and a little more HP too. For the HR cars, I think I was a little low in HP and high in weight. In either case, I think a fair challenge would be on a big track where you can all get your tires up to temp. See you there!
Old 02-10-2006, 01:32 AM
Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 19 Posts

did anybody ever find out what happened to those Huntley supercharger systems? I remember there were a few floating around here. Who bought this car and are you around? What happened to Huntley?
Old 02-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
did anybody ever find out what happened to those Huntley supercharger systems? I remember there were a few floating around here. Who bought this car and are you around? What happened to Huntley?
Contact Tim at SFR, one of the ones still in business from the 2002 days. They all circled in the same club in the porsche modification business in the SD Ca. area. They all loved to cut each other throats on this site, just do a little search and see.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:06 AM
Friendan
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, old thread...but amazing car!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 03:18 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

It went from Huntley, Anderson, SFR, Guru, Authority, and a few more to JUST Vitesse, and kind of SFR.
I'm buying a Huntely maf... any good?
Eyal
Old 04-27-2006, 12:42 AM
90S2C
Advanced

I'm late. How did the sale go?

Thanks,
Michael
Old 04-27-2006, 11:12 AM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Originally Posted by Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
I bought one of the S/C kits from a guy who was returning his S2 to stock in the L.A. area. It may have been from this car, I dunno. In doing this, I didn't get any method to change the tuning on the piggyback, nor any wiring diagrams, nor any idea who made the piggyback, I sent pics to his known suppliers and they were baffled. . . so I bought and installed an SMT-7 and it works great. The kit isn't that great and the engineering that went into it is lack-luster at best. As for huntley (Derek K.) last I heard, he was in Brazil or central america wrenching on airplanes for a tourist/ charter company.

Eyal: IIRC the Huntley MAF kit was a re-packaged Split-Sec kit, and they supposedly make pretty nice stuff. How was the trip to Poly?

Quick Reply: Derrek's 944 S2 Cab Supercharged car for sale!!