Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another scam alert, this time from Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Equilibria
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Another scam alert, this time from Canada

Looks like a deal that's too good to be true is ... too good to be true.

1990 Porsche 944 S2 for $3500

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/B...+Domestic+Cars

http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_C...butes=photos,,

Here's the guys email's:

#1:
Sent: Tue 16/02/2010 6:39 AM
To: Blake Allenby
Subject: 1990 S2 Porsche 944

Hello,
The car is in perfect condition.There are no scratches or any dents on it,never smoked in,very well maintained,please check the pictures. I have a clear title for it, no liens or loans. I have all the papers of the car and the service history as well. The car has no technical problems, it's in full working order.It is certified and safetied ! I worked in Canada as a engineer in an experience exchange program, but now I have to return to United Kingdom.This is the reason I sell it so cheap.I have to return home in 2 days so a shipping company will take care of everything for me.I paid all the fees so you don't have to worry about it.The car was listed on eBay as well and I registered on eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection .For any additional info please let me know and I will do my best to answer you swiftly.

Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All your Hotmail contacts on your phone. Try it now.

#2:
Sent: Tue 16/02/2010 6:23 PM
Subject: RE: 1990 S2 Porsche 944

Hello,
The car is in custody of the shipping company and because I don`t have time to meet the potential buyers due to my departure, they will take care of everything for me .They will ship it to the next owner (on my cost).
They act as a neutral third party between me and you.Here is how it works :

1. I will contact eBay and give them all the details about this transaction.
2. They will email you the forms which are needed for this transaction (invoice, payment instructions, buyer's and seller's protection policy)
3. You will send the money to eBay (the funds are kept by them until the car is on your name ! )
4. After you inspect the car and all the documents and decide to keep it ,they will help you with all the papers and will put the car on your name.
5. eBay will not forward me the money until you test the car and inspect all the documents. You will have 5 days to inspect it.If,for any reason,you decide not to keep the car you will receive all your money back! You don't have to pay shipping fees or any other hidden fees !
You can rest assured we both are 100% protected and the transaction will go smoothly.
Please let me know if you agree with these terms so I can contact eBay and the shipping company ,in order to start the procedures .It will require your full name and address (where the car should be sent to ).Once I have these details I will forward them and you will receive the invoice for this transaction .It's really easy and the car will be at your door in 2 days max !This way is just the same thing with buying your neighbor's car. Let me know.
Best Regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All your Hotmail contacts on your phone. Try it now.

Got two emails from this so called "ebay" today...

From: Customer Support [mailto:ebay@vehicle-world-support.com]
Sent: Wed 17/02/2010 12:41 PM
Subject: ***SPAM*** Invoice for eBay-Motors purchase (M34G90GX3W29) : 1990 S2 Porsche 944

From: Customer Support [mailto:ebay@vehicle-world-support.com]
Sent: Wed 17/02/2010 12:43 PM
Subject: ***SPAM*** Secure Case ID : M34G90GX3W29

The emails go on and on about how they provide security for the transaction etc... too long to attach here.

Anyways, just a heads up for everyone else!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:07 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Thank's for the infos _Take care
Old 02-17-2010, 09:20 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't believe people still fall for that ****. I laugh every time I see that

Quick Reply: Another scam alert, this time from Canada