Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle Fuel Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 07:19 PM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Idle Fuel Pressure?

Once my fuel pressure subsides in the rail, I'm going to pull the gauge I have and replace it with a new autometer to try to figure out if I have a bad FPR or bad fuel gauge.

Right now, at cold startup my fuel pressure bounces around 50PSI. When I pull the vacuum line on the FPR it's bouncing up around 60PSI. After driving around when I stop, the gauge shows around 44PSI, which seems about right.

However, I thought that at idle it's supposed to be in the 36-38PSI range and with the vacuum line off the FPR it jumps to around 44PSI.

Is this accurate? I've checked some older threads and folks seems to be all over the place on this one.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:29 PM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, i went ahead and changed the gauge...the one that I had before the glass had filled up with gasoline...not sure if that was by design but when I removed it, it still showed about 9PSI of pressure, which obviously wasn't right. Bummer as it was one of those recommened by other listers that has the extension cable and bolts on to the front of the belt cover and faces up for easy viewing...

Anyway, the new autometer shows right at 40PSI at idle and 44PSI when I pull the vacuum line. That seems to be more like it. Paragon ships their autometer with a few right angles so that you can point the gauge down and keep the hood from hitting it - nice touch.

Quick Reply: Idle Fuel Pressure?