Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Huntley Racing Superchargers on their website over 300HP claimed

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001 | 05:15 AM
Danno
Race Director

We would like to invite everyone thats close enough to make it, to the dyno and I'll give the group the date. We plan to make a day of it. BBQ, door prizes etc etc...DANNO, your expected as our friend to be there!!!! I know you would mot miss this :-)
No, I will definitely not miss it this time. I'll come down the night before just to make sure I don't get picked up by the cops. How's about Friday Jan. 4th?
Old 12-28-2001 | 12:29 AM
marksportcts
Burning Brakes

I see that Huntley makes claims, while SFR will prove it. As John says, no numbers until dyno. As far as I know, the SC gives us 20-25hp, so be it since it is better to have the facts than just speculate. After all, it is our money and we choose to spend it however we wish. Congrats to SFR and happy holidays!!
Old 12-28-2001 | 01:21 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

THanks "marksportcts" I appreciate your post, its nice to see that someone does approve of the way Tim and Myself have approached the the whole 'numbers" game. By the way, we had the car out again today, even drove by the old "huntley" shop...what a ghost town....anyway, the car was running great, we gave it a few nice revs, and it was great fun..Derrek was not in the shop, or at least thats what his kids said...oh well. but the car is great fun to drive and I really do wish you all could feel the difference in your na cars...there is a difference :-) A nice difference...

take care all!
Old 12-30-2001 | 02:46 AM
Danno
Race Director

Hey if you SFR guys are still up for some dyno testing next Friday the 4th, I'll make sure I'm down there Thursday night. Then I'll drag anyone who wants to have some fun up to Willow Springs for some fast laps with the TCRA. Let's go PARTY !!!

(sign up at www.touringcarclub.com before registration fills up!)
Old 12-30-2001 | 03:12 PM
fletch.
Instructor

Rather than worry about the dyno spike HP of a Supercharger at a given boost, I would like to know how long the system can stay together. I have raced a supercharged mustang for 5 years, from Vortex to B&M and factory Ford systems they have all failed in race conditions. One company told me they did not design their supercharger to be in a boost condition all the time? . Another company told me the warranty is void if the car is used on the track?

If the HP is 285 or 325 that will probably not hold back the 944 driver that wants more power. A horse power claim is only a very small part of the entire package, I think the supercharger discussion has not addressed anything other than what can be achieved on a dyno. Nothing is for free in the bolt on supercharger game, and the company with the 300hp system vs the company with the 285hp system means little if the 300hp cars end up with f’ed heads and bearings, or has a problem with head gaskets blowing. And the 285 hp system holds together.

A word to the wise on superchargers, ask a lot of questions and get everything in writing. Understand the increased stress you engine will be under, understand what the manufacturer will and will not warranty. My personal experience is not with any of the companies in this thread. The companies I have worked with have usually rebuild the supercharger at little or no cost, one company actually sent me 2, and ask me to test one in an upcoming race. It lasted only about half the race before it overheated, locked up, broke the belt, took out my fan, and cut a radiator hose.
Old 01-06-2002 | 04:01 PM
Huntley Racing
Racer

OK, lets dispell all the miths being shoveled by many on this list. The Huntley Racing Supercharger kits are exceeding our HP goals by a large margin. You might want to talk to us instead of our competition to get the truth behind our kits. Anyone who wants a dyno chart before they are up on our website may e-mail me for a copy. We have completed the development on the 944 S2 Stage I kits. The kit will be set at 4.5 PSI to 5 PSI of boost which makes 280 HP and 250 TQ at the wheels (at the crank it makes 336 HP and 300 TQ), which is much higher than the 300 HP mark we quoted early in development. We typically will under-estimate our HP numbers to make sure they are at least met and as usuall exceeded. The Stage II kit will conservativly make 300 HP at the wheels or more. The stage III will make closer to mid 300 HP range. These numbers are not on an ideal car but on a high mileage vehicle. The kits differ from the rest by being a complete bolt on which has 'plug and play' electronics so there is no risk of the customer mis-tuning the system and causing engine failure. The kit retains all the factory systems unlike others which require the A/C to be removed. The boost threshold (the point where the boost reaches maximum) is 1300 RPM!! This means there is no boost curve where the boost slowly builds like what you get with a centrifugal supercharger as used in other kits. The power is available when you hit the pedal regardless of the gear you are in, or the RPM you are at. The reason to supercharge is to get instant power not wait for it!! We have run 9-10 PSI in testing which, though not needed, shows that the supercharger is more than possible of making 400+ HP! We simply have the best total solution to power your 944 based car.
Old 01-06-2002 | 04:36 PM
booster
Racer

Huntley, is it true that you will not make the SC kit for the 944 NA 8 valve engine? I read in another post that it will be only for the 16 valve engine.
Old 01-06-2002 | 06:45 PM
Huntley Racing
Racer

It is not true like so much else that has been said. We are rolling into the 944 N/A after the 16V cars are done whuch is very soon. In fact we need a few more candidates for the prototype kits, so if interested it is a good way to get a kit ASAP and get free instalation, dyno time and a lower price!
Old 01-06-2002 | 08:21 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Competition like this is what drives prices down!! Glad to see you are on the board Huntley.
Old 01-07-2002 | 02:12 AM
Huntley Racing
Racer

Cool

Glad to be here Danno.
Old 05-02-2002 | 11:31 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

This might be of interest to you guys.

<a href="http://63.136.85.109/forum/default.asp" target="_blank">http://63.136.85.109/forum/default.asp</a>

--------------------
Click on the modifications link, then look for the HUntley Racing Supercharger thread.

Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply: Huntley Racing Superchargers on their website over 300HP claimed