Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** Off Topic ** Italian police crash Lamborghini supercar

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 05:52 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jdgunn
I've never told anyone this story, but one time I nearly got caught in bed with a married woman. It was just past 4am. With no time to grab my clothes or car keys, I had to run nearly 3 miles... nekked. I ran mostly through back yards and side streets. But, due to a large football stadium, I had to run about a half mile along a very busy street. I only saw one car that night... right in front of the stadium.

Your girlfriend can see just fine.

I have found the one that can carry on my legacy when I am gone.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Banshee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well since the unmentionables have taken over this thread with their less than interesting off topic news for themselves, ill take this opportunity to ask my own off topic question since i find these threads rather quite helpful.

Is it true that if i become a Rennslist member, i am more respected in this community? So like..i would totally get more responses to my questions if it was red under my name? (Any +1's would be appreciated...i know what that means now )
Old 01-09-2010, 09:03 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Banshee____Either your a Rennlist member or not won't change anything as far as respect or respond to your question is concern as you notice in many post it doesn't make any difference at all "I,m talking personely now " and what I mention is probably true for everybody on this forum,the idea behind paying our Rennlist Membership is to shoulder some of the cost associated to operate such a forum plus the benefit of being able to have access to all the service offer by Rennlist "sending pics of your project or of a certain topic is only one exemple I will mention" think off all the sound pieces of advices you are getting here you need a certain part or you are stuck with a problem you just ask & there is twenty answers to your questions in no time at all,my way off thinking is where else would you get them answers so cheap. Sorry if I migth have offend you in some way by mentioning membership but like everybody else on this forum I'm untitle to my opinion & this is the one I have about being a member.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:50 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ernie9468
Banshee____Either your a Rennlist member or not won't change anything as far as respect or respond to your question is concern as you notice in many post it doesn't make any difference at all "I,m talking personely now " and what I mention is probably true for everybody on this forum,the idea behind paying our Rennlist Membership is to shoulder some of the cost associated to operate such a forum plus the benefit of being able to have access to all the service offer by Rennlist "sending pics of your project or of a certain topic is only one exemple I will mention" think off all the sound pieces of advices you are getting here you need a certain part or you are stuck with a problem you just ask & there is twenty answers to your questions in no time at all,my way off thinking is where else would you get them answers so cheap. Sorry if I migth have offend you in some way by mentioning membership but like everybody else on this forum I'm untitle to my opinion & this is the one I have about being a member.
I don't know quite what the original question was because of this message that keeps appearing on my screen when Banshee posts

This message is hidden because Banshee is on your ignore list.
, but I have to agree with what Ernie says above. Everyone here on Rennlist is equal in terms of respect given and deserved, unless they have proven themselves to be a raging no talent azz-clown. If that's the case, then no amount of money spent on a membership will correct that issue. Now, there are certain "rights" associated with having a paid membership, the most important one, to many, seems to be the ability to post items for sale in the classifieds and OCCASSIONALLY here on the technical forum.

I'm certain that all members don't hesitate to answer questions or help, regardless of membership status (if that is the only variable in question). Now sometimes people just don't have the answer, or it is a down-time when not many are on the forum, the question isn't worded to where it makes sense, or the OP has other "issues".

Cheers~
Old 01-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Make your question sound like you did a search first... because you should do a search first.

Make sure your question has a good description of the problem - and describe what you've done to diagnose it yourself.

None of this "After the car has been sitting for 3 months, it won't start - what's the problem?" crap.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:18 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tifo... you are the one and only. There is no successor, you will never be gone. I find it comical - the sophmoric topics and eventual namecalling that results. This is an absolutly stupid thread. No offence to the OP, but this is a Porsche forum largely supported by paying members. Just beware if you preclude any topic with the phrase "off topic..." it could get some flack. Overall this is a great community, but the number of posts in the 944 forum that are simply unintellegable are on the rise. When these threads are subject to criticism - invariably the reply is "its my opinion", or "just don't read this thread" and none of that has any place in this or any other thread.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Banshee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Van and Ernie for being of some help to my question i asked, as for Whalebird i agree with what he is saying, and for the most part see where hes coming from.

For Tifos though...well i would guess its all the better that he not see this. I definitely don't have to worry about that, but the point i want to make here is while i also agree with Tifos on his advice to some degree, i think not only the majority of his other posts are completely useless bull****, he has also used a excess amount of douchebaggery in his last post...making it that much closer for me to hit the ignore button. Problem is...im not that immature.

Now that i think about it, its not like Tifos ever posts anything valuable anyways, he just hunts down these offtopic posts to paste in the random paragraphs that he types up in advance in his word document. If he has a problem with me then thats fine right? Is he that much cooler because he hits the ignore on me after one post he didn't like? Oh my god what a badass. I think my problem is how people see him as this celebrity of douchedom, is that what it takes to be cool on these message boards?

Van and Ernie are much more helpful to me than useless bigots like Tifos. Maybe i should just return the favor.

Quick Reply: ** Off Topic ** Italian police crash Lamborghini supercar