Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS (SOLD!): 1989 944 NA m030, LSD, ABS

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:16 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default FS (SOLD!): 1989 944 NA m030, LSD, ABS

Now that I have my 911 (and still owning a bmw 325) I simply don't have enough time to use all three cars. I love the 944 to death and will be very sad to see it go but it is simply time to move on. I am very proud of how much better the car is now than when I bought it but I've come to terms with the fact that there will always be things I want to make better on the car and the wallet and schedule just can't support it right now.

The story: I bought this in fall 2006 as a project (see my RL join date). It ran but needed TLC. 152k miles at the time. I got this particular car because it is a 2.7L NA (good for E Stock autocross) and I loved the alpine white exterior on marine blue interior. The paint is still all original and I have done some detailing work to keep it looking great.

Major upgrades / maintenance items:

sunroof seal (no more water leaks!)
SS hatch pins (hatch actually operates as it should)
sachs spring-centered clutch (only about 200 miles on this now) with
pressure plate, resurfaced flywheel, speed & ref sensors etc
220 LSD added (was freshly rebuilt with new parts when installed), new swepco
m030 struts, 25.5mm front swaybar with braces and delrin bushings
20mm NA m030 rear swaybar (this was hard to find)
m030 rear torsion bars (I forget the exact diameter but they're the right ones)
rebuilt power steering pump
new radiator and hoses
new coolant expansion tank and all hoses
cloth insert sport seat driver's side (it's black but no one notices the color difference)
16" phone dials with pretty new eagle GT tires
sony head unit, front door speakers, and a removable amp/sub for the rear
rebuilt head and new head gasket at 170k miles
OEM motor mounts (but these seem to have gone bad )
It's had new belts put on at least twice, and a new waterpump as soon as I got the car.
clubsport wheels (7 and 9 by 16") with BFG R1 racing tires.
extra roof with interior removed for helmet clearance.
lower-mileage AFM and jboot from the infamous turbo cab with no body panels
upgraded spark plug wires
brand new distributor cap
rennbay fuel lines
new fuel filter
new fuel damper and fuel regulator
new Throttle Position Switch
rennbay headlight harness with ecodes and 90w/130w headlights (AWESOME by the way)
front wheel bearings, brake rotors, hawk HP10 brake pads (they worked well at VIR South once I broke them in well)
armrest hinge
newer tachometer (original one didn't work at all)
silicone vacuum lines
new heater control valve
repaired cruise control (actually works properly).
extra borla cat-back (stock is on now)

I also have a MaxHP chip in the box; when I bought it the car was overheating due to a clogged radiator so I uninstalled the chip and never got around to putting it back in.

Basically the car is set up as hot as an NA could come from the factory. It now has no problems whatsoever with remaining cool even while on track and doesn't leak oil (synthetic amsoil 20w-50) except for a very slight seepage around the oil pan gasket. Not enough to drip. No Power steering leaks, no coolant leaks, and no transmission leaks.

Marky522 (who is a professional Porsche mechanic for Leith Porsche for those of you who don't know) did a lot of work on this car as well as offering instruction for the work I did.

Again, I hate to get rid of it but I don't have the time to drive it enough. The car is an autocross beast and I have yet to drive another car so absolutely responsive to driver's inputs.

Car is now at 172k miles. Car only really needs a driver's side strut mount and possibly engine mounts. Asking $4500 with all wheels/tires, spare roof, spare borla cat-back, removable amp/sub, original blue driver's seat and the installed sport seat, etc. I might even let the "ES" magnets go with the car.
Attached Images         

Last edited by knfeparty; 03-01-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:40 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

SOLD! 1 MAR 2010

Last edited by knfeparty; 03-01-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Quick Reply: FS (SOLD!): 1989 944 NA m030, LSD, ABS