Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sort of technical brake question....

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 08:12 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Sort of technical brake question....

Okay- I was pushing the car back to it's normal spot the other night- across the parking garage after cleaning it- yes, I know, it sounds strange- I was just messing around- it's really a good workout to push a 3100lb car around a parking garage BTW It felt a little tougher to push than normal- I've ALWAYS thought it was much tougher to push than it should be- I've had lots of experience pushing it too (roll starting)- it feels MUCH harder to push than my '89 Integra (1st Gen)- I KNOW the Integra was lighter, by ~500lbs, but it feels like a LOT more- I've noticed that the wheels don't rotate freely when the car's in the air (at the mechanics)- the brakes rub a TINY bit- he says they are supposed to be that way- I kind of feel like it could be unecessary parasitic drag- he says if they didn't touch at ALL, then the brakes wouldn't work the way they're supposed to- what do you guy's think?

With my integrsa, I could turn a wheel and let it go, and it would spin for another second or so- not far mind you- not like a skateboard wheel w/well-lubed bearings, but they definately turned more freely than my 951 wheels...

Also, my brakes sqeak like crazy- someone told me about some anti-sqeal shims (?forgot the word?) that I can buy at places like Auto Zone, etc- that will help out- is this true? I have normal pads on right now- they're kind of crappy- PBR's- they really don't grab well enough to be worth the annoying noise....

I hope these questions aren't too stupid- any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Robby

Quick Reply: Sort of technical brake question....