Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One car ruined it for me

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:18 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drewsifer
So, my first 944 was not a huge success. It spent a lot more time being stationary then being driven. And when it did drive my wife didn't like it. The interior was not so nice, and it was loud cause of the bad muffler. So now she's balking at the idea of me getting another. Try as I might I can't convince her I had a bad one. any suggestions?

Drew
OK, Drew...

I tried to help you when you still had your car...

I will try to help now...

Find a close lister with a NICE 951... I don't mean an OK 951.. I mean one of those ones.... and try to let them borrow it to show the wife what a truly NICE 944 series car is... Yours was a basket case when you got it... and wasn't giving you any breaks...

2nd... You don't need to buy the nicest one out there, but you can't rely on it for daily transportation... Buy her a nice car... I mean butter her up..

Buy yourself a beater pickup... think Nissan or Dautsun... runs forever, but never very well...

AND buy yourself a decent 951 or 944... fix it over time, without driving it until it is finished... it will help you out in the long run... trust me on this...

IF she appreciates what the car CAN be, she will be more tolerant of what it is... and will indulge your folleys because you have given her the nice ride, and taken a **** box for yourself...

Don't be in a hurry to find or to fix the 44series car you get... it takes money and time, do it once, do it right, enjoy the rewards...

Good luck, I am in the process of getting my 951 into the Nice category... it is almost there... just a little bit more work....

My N/A COULD be there too, but I have been occupied with the 951... Oh Well... one day

My wife truly loves her Durango and Her Audi... she doesn't mind I have 2 Porsches... she hates both of them, but let me have them and play with them...

OR

Take her for a ride in a 996... and buy one of them.... they are remarkably well priced these days!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:03 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

how's it all turning out Drew ?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:39 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

I'm lucky that my wife is definitely a car chick... and I'm fairly certain that even she just tolerates my 951.

What's the reason why she won't let you get another one? Is it just that she doesn't like 'em, or is it something more? (like she fears you guys can't afford the $$$ required to keep these old turds running?)

If she just doesn't like them... well, I'm sure she has hobbies you don't care for, either... so she'll just have to get over it. If anything, give her some more leeway on her own hobbies. If it's that she fears you can't afford it (or some other serious, kinda legit reason...) then you guys should probably work it out first.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Drewsifer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Omni, I think she just doesn't understand it. She looks at my first car, and saw something that was not worth the money put into it. She doesn't really get that 1) I had a bad car full stop. and 2) That I'm pretty serious about this. As i'm still in the Box, I'm not pushing it to hard (even though I found a beautiful white 84 right down the road from her).

I give her plenty of leeway on her hobbies, heck I even get involved with them. I think I'll just need to talk to her and tell her how serious I am about cars, and that it's something she needs to get used to.

Drew
Old 11-01-2009, 12:43 AM
944J
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a nice red turbo with a vitesse chip and a cool stereo with a dvd player and take her for a ride, she'll love it.

show her how the dvd screen flips in and out first...

some people like the rice.

my ex gf loved my pos 944na with a turbo bumper just because it had a nice sounding muffler and it was red and low to the ground and sporty.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:50 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Drew, start a secret slush fund... then find a really good car w/out an engine and do the V8 project. Can you siphon 20-23 k away from her ?? Offer to take her to Rome for vacation... Take her and then bring the car home the next day and tell her IT'S STAYING.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:51 AM
krystar
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like u'll be spending double the money on the car, whatever it is. X amount for the car. and equal X amount for wife bribe. hehe

Quick Reply: One car ruined it for me