Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First 944 SPEC race. Heck First race ever.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pontifex4
That's incredible! That area of both my fenders is basically rotten, anyway, and mine is a track car -- what is to stop me just cutting the holes before pulling my existing bars in favour of the new, stiffer ones I have to put in?
I just did my t-bars so I'm intimately familiar with that area of the car. If you have port-holes there, then the end-cap can be slid outward, but since it's got an extension plate, the end cap will not come all of the way out through the port hole.

I'm assuming it gives you enough room to get the end cap off the outer end of the t-bar, then drop the end cap down; then you can slide the t-bar out the porthole.

Unless (wave of embarrassment sweeping over me) you can get the end cap off while it's in the fender well; in which case, I did a lot more sweating and cursing than I had to do b/c I was yanking the t-bar out with the spring plate still attached.

Quick Reply: First 944 SPEC race. Heck First race ever.