Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new interior...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grandpa#3
Your dash redo looks great. It looks so great that it make one thing really stand out in the picture. Take the left end cap off and unscrew the vent, and give it a good soap soak. I used a child's tooth brush to clean the vents and then went back and used a hand wash cloth on the end of the tooth brush to wipe it down good. It will look as great as the rest of your dash. You can be very proud of the work you accomplished on your dash.

Cheers,
Larry
Ha. Thanks. Oh I know! I haven't had time to detail the dash. I will be taking q-tips to every part of that dash when I can. Lol.

Originally Posted by white924s
No problem - I've spent some time looking into this, coming from a slightly different direction - I don't really want to do the interior swap but I would like to swap in 951 brakes (which requires 951 spindles, which aren't compatible with the 924S speedo cable). It certainly seems pretty straightforward from that link, but I'd like to talk to someone who actually did the conversion to an electronic speedo before actually diving in.
Damn. Ha. Thats good to know though, because I'm interested in putting 951 brakes on my 924S. Well I'm going to crawl underneath my parts car tomorrow and fiddle around to see if I can figure it out. It's just like a wire switch thing that plugs in right? But I will for sure keep you updated when I find out some more information.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:23 AM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks - let me know what you find. My understanding is that its just a couple wires going to a sensor that's mounted on the transmission case (and therefore wouldn't be too tough to add on to an early car).
Old 10-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Holy crap that's great. Well done sir! I feel friggin old because I had a 924S in high school as well, and I used to post stuff like this and old dudes would say "nice job!".

Good job brother.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by white924s
Thanks - let me know what you find. My understanding is that its just a couple wires going to a sensor that's mounted on the transmission case (and therefore wouldn't be too tough to add on to an early car).
Ha. Yea thats what I figured. Any idea what it looks like? I'm just going to look for a black plastic thing with wires. Lol. Oh, did you get my PM?
Old 10-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Matt O.
Holy crap that's great. Well done sir! I feel friggin old because I had a 924S in high school as well, and I used to post stuff like this and old dudes would say "nice job!".

Good job brother.
Thanks! Yes, but at least your 924S wasn't as old as mine when you where younger.

The old part is what I'm trying to get away from with my 924S... lol.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Great job on the interior, but don't try to "get away from" the "old part" too too much. That's what makes the 924S great! In other words, don't forget to save some of your money for required repairs, instead of spending it all on making it look like a newer 944. I went through the same thought process, trust me. Then I decided to just enjoy it for what it was.

Mine was an 87, 10 years old when I purchased it in 97.

Now I have an 82, even older, 911, and I'm not changing a thing! Good luck!
Old 11-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Matt O.
Great job on the interior, but don't try to "get away from" the "old part" too too much. That's what makes the 924S great! In other words, don't forget to save some of your money for required repairs, instead of spending it all on making it look like a newer 944. I went through the same thought process, trust me. Then I decided to just enjoy it for what it was.

Mine was an 87, 10 years old when I purchased it in 97.

Now I have an 82, even older, 911, and I'm not changing a thing! Good luck!
Thanks!

So it's official. A day or two ago I finished wiring all the blinkers, lights, wipers, clock, etc... together. They work great! I can't wait to get all my re-painted parts back on so I can drive it now.

But seriously... other than having to do the A/c... this job isn't really hard. Just need to have patience. Lol.

Quick Reply: My new interior...