Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauging interest in my car

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 12:01 PM
cegan09
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauging interest in my car

So I finally had enough time to sit down and think about what i wanted to do with my project this summer. I've been beyond crazy for the last couple of years with school, and never actually had the time to devote to the car. Its going to take a substantial bit of money to get the car to the point i want it, and it just isn't worth it to me.

So, i'm looking to see what interest there is in the car. I need to move it to NH before i do anything, but i'd like to know if i'll likely be selling it as a whole, or in pieces. I have some small projects to finish on it before i do anything.

The good: well, not that much
- Engine works. I pulled it apart, new gaskets, new water pump, new belts, new rollers, new vacuum lines, new clutch
- Transmission works.
- Interior is in ok shape, though both front seats need to be redone.
- wheels are good.

The bad: a lot actually
- Body is a lost cause, at least the rear half. I bought it with rust, it has only gotten worse before i could do anything about it. Paint is also horrendous, previous owner at some point painted it, and did an awful job.
- Brakes are gone. I don't think any are worth saving on any corner.
- Leaking power steering system
- roof panel has a broken corner, though i do have a second one.
- Windshield is cracked, and the spare i have is cracked.
- Tires need to be replaced. one has a leak, all are old.
- a lot more, but small stuff.

I bought the car as a project, mostly to allow myself to tear an engine down and rebuild it and learn some things. I was successful in that, however i picked the wrong time to take on such a project with the rest of the car. At this point i'm just going to cut my losses, and move on. Now that i've graduated, and have a job, i have plans developing for a better car.

Please no requests for specific parts yet. Like i said, i have to move it to NH and finish a few things, and that will likely take a month.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:47 PM
944Ross
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Craigslist it, $1200. Doesn't sound like it's worth the time it would take to part it out to eke out a couple hundred more. How is the interior?
Old 09-27-2009, 01:31 PM
cegan09
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interior is so-so. back seats are good, carpet is ok, not perfect, but not trashed. Normal cracks in the dash, arm rest is gone. Front seats need to be redone. I'll get some pictures when i can. I haven't taken any new ones for a while, and the car is 70 miles away at the moment.

Quick Reply: Gauging interest in my car