Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temporary suspense - leads to possible radiator malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 09:48 PM
dek944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Temporary suspense - leads to possible radiator malfunction

Thursday night I was driving through this one canyon pass for the hell of it. Couple friends and I used to go through it with our ex-front wheel drive Honda/Acuras. Seeing that now I have such an awesome handling 944 - RWD! I thought I would be up for a little "turn-testing". Going through the turns, the car takes them with ease, so i decided to downshift, power those wheels, lose that traction, countersteer. WHAT AN AWESOME FEELING. Take two turns that way, seeing that I am driving with the mountain to my right and an immense cliff to my left, I stop. Don't want to risk the loss of my Porsche. Go home, next day, in the morning I change the oil, etc. Start up the car - BAM! coolant drains out constantly to the floor in my garage. I located the leak to the top left corner of the radiator - front left wheel side. Right where the metal meets the plastic tanks. Could this have been because of the minor abuse I gave my car last night, or could it be some random occurence with a crapped out radiator. I know it was not because of the changing of the oil, because I raised the car from the sides and not the front.

What are the typical prices for a radiator? The local radiator shop said that they can get me the part for $205. Seems reasonable, its their top of the line, but it will take till Tuesday to get in. So I have a few days to figure things out.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:59 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
<a href="http://www.vertex.com" target="_blank">www.vertex.com</a>

Probably about the same price though.

Quick Reply: Temporary suspense - leads to possible radiator malfunction