Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot Import Night in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 02:14 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hot Import Night in San Diego

For those that are interested, we brought home two trophies(one came with a $1000 check:-) from the Hot Import night show. We would have brought home 3 trophies but they can not give out the two biggest purses to the same shop:^( Anyways, we got the best engine award for our Supra project car and we also got the performance award for the Supra project car. Whoooohooooo! Not bad for only the second import engine that we put together and our first time at the show.

Since this was my first time at this type of show I really didnt know what to expect. There were alot of amazing cars. They were alot of German cars too! There was Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, Porsches, Vws, etc.......Unfortunately one of our customers S4s that we put together didnt have a chance to compete in the show because he rolled in on the freeway on Valentines day.The good news is that he walked away unscratched. I took alot of pictures so if people want to see them let me know and I will post a few after they are developed. Oh yeah, there were so many hot chicks there too in a variety of flavors!!!! Got some pictures of those too. HE HE!

If you have never been to a Hot Import Nights show, you should check it out. Its not just about Hondas with fart cans. If you want to see our award winning Supra you can also get the March issue of Popular Science magazine. There is an article in there about it. It says my partner Keith Ta is the owner of Speed Force Racing but he is just my partner.Take care.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:43 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tim i have been trying to get some content off your site since yesterday but it isnt working for me... is it being worked on or something?
Old 02-17-2003, 01:22 AM
johne
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, how am I supposed to contemplate buying a wastegate off of you if I can’t go look at them?

BTW. Are there any disadvantages to going with a 46mm wastegate instead of a 35mm wastegate on an otherwise stock motor?
Would it be inaccurate at my lower (than 500hp most with the 46mm have) exhaust flow levels?
Thanks for the help.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:40 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here is the car: <a href="http://www.popsci.com/popsci/auto/article/0,12543,423014-2,00.html" target="_blank">http://www.popsci.com/popsci/auto/article/0,12543,423014-2,00.html</a>

Quick Reply: Hot Import Night in San Diego