Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color combination ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 11:04 PM
ccaarmerciill
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Color combination ideas?

My 944 was in the process of being transformed into a track car, most of the interior is currently stripped, and I had another daily driver (E46 M3).

I just recently totalled the M3 (cut off by an 18 wheeler on the highway), and have decided to stick with one car for now.

Now I've been toying around with the idea of either trading the 944 for a more suitable daily driver, or just fixing up the interior, doing some maintenence on it, and turning the 944 into a daily driver.

If I don't get a good trade offer for the 944 in the next few weeks, I am going to have to re-carpet the interior.

I have the old style interior (1984), and it is brown. My seats have quite a bit of wear ( no rips or tears, just spots where the color is wearing off ), I am trying to imagine if my interior would look good with black carpet/ rooflining. Red seats, and alot of the panels left brown. Does black/ red/ brown go together? or would it be too much?

The rear seats will remain deleted (just carpeted), and I've also played around with the idea of just painting the interior metal surfaces black.

I'm kind of just shooting for any color combo ideas, or even just interior ideas.

From what I've read, it's pretty easy to stain vinyl another color... so I pretty much am open to any colors.

edit: Thinking it over, it might still look good to just have a black/ brown color combination... I could just re-stain the seats brown (would be alot easier than another color) Alot of people say black/ brown don't go well together.

^ obviously not a P-car, but good inspiration?

Last edited by ccaarmerciill; 08-12-2009 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Thinking it over, I might just re-stain the seats brown again (would be easier.)
Old 08-12-2009, 11:37 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

black/brown can work, but red will throw it all off.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

since your interior is already brown just redye the seats to make them look new and it shouldn't be too hard to dye the upper part of the interior black. I beleive dulicolor sells both interior dye and paint.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:39 AM
ccaarmerciill
Rennlist Member

Thanks Keith... btw your car looks astonishing now!

Quick Reply: Color combination ideas?