Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Cup Race series

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 09:23 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is a link to the info area on the CUP rules.

<a href="http://www.944cup.com/info.html" target="_blank">http://www.944cup.com/info.html</a>
Old 07-16-2002, 12:25 AM
Paul Bloomberg
Pro

John,
I appreciate your response on the rules.
Are you selling motors? mods? I've asked twice about your numbers? What mods you offer?
I couldn't find any info on your site.
thanks,
Paul
Old 07-16-2002, 12:27 AM
abduln
Instructor

I am definitely interested. I actually looked into this a few months ago and was disappointed that there was no presence around here.

Of course, speaking for myself, I'd have to wait for the economy to pick up a bit, but I would that by next season I would be in the game again and ready to race

Thanks,
Abdul
Old 07-16-2002, 03:00 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

HI Paul,

Sorry, about the website, its out of my hands, it's being built by a supposed web development firm....they have lacked in the speed department.

you can try to get to the development pages by going to this link...they are still adding the content.

<a href="http://www.andersonmotorworks.com/dev" target="_blank">http://www.andersonmotorworks.com/dev</a>

there is a little on the site about the motors, but thats about it.

Yes, we sell motor, prep cars, do your usuall engine bolt on mods, 2.8/3.0 conversions, exhaust and also regular care, clutches, head gaskets, brakes, oil changes etc etc...we are a full service shop.

Hope the link helps...at least a little :-)

Take Care
Old 07-16-2002, 01:01 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Looks like we are definately moving forward with the Anderson Motorworks CUP Series for the west coast. Dave and I are making contact with NASA for schedualing.

Dave is currently on a business trip, but when he returns, I will have more news to share with you guys.

As we get closer, We will start to sign you guys up, secure some prize sponsors, and get the actual schedual out to you.

In the meantime, those of you that are going to join this series, please, could you email me direct? I will start building a database to help expedite getting notices out to you.

Take Care
Old 07-16-2002, 01:04 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

by the way, for any of you that are trying the link to our development site (I'm getting many emails in private about the function of the site), as the front page loads, simply hit the "skip intro" buttom, otherwise, the page will just run thru its graphics and expire. By skipping the intro, you will be sent to the interior pages. It looks like we should be up and running live pretty quick though.

THanks!
Old 07-17-2002, 12:35 AM
deni durrell
Three Wheelin'

john:

build it and they will come. just glad someone is catering to the NA cars and putting this on.
great to hear you'll doing this. it's something to look forward to later on...
Old 07-17-2002, 12:01 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Hi Deni,

This is what I have been told, infact, many emails to me have indicated a great following for the series. I'm really looking forward to it.

Owning a few 944/951's including an automatic 87, an 87S, and a 87 951, and our present race car, an 83 NA, its been more fun building power for the NA! I don't care what people say, you do not have to spend a fortune on power for these cars. It might take some wrenching, but its worth it.

I'll be posting more info on the series as it builds, its definately in the "GO" stage, and we are talking with the western NASA folkes about the scheduling, tracks etc etc.

The toughest part is going to be lining up sponsors for prizes..

I know my plans for the big prize will be (conditions allowing)one of our monster 3.1 liter high compression NA motors. But I still need to line up more.

As soon as we lock in the series, then I'll be on the tele 24-7 looking for comapnies to back it.

I'll keep you posted.

Quick Reply: 944 Cup Race series