Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid Fan blower

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002 | 02:19 PM
PrerYDoG
Pro

Post Stupid Fan blower

Okay, my A/C sucks, but not because the air coming out of it isn't cold, it's because it doesn't come out FAST enough.

Now, I've noticed that even if I turn off all air going to the top dash vents (near the windshield), air STILL comes out up there, and a LOT of it. Why won't the air STOP going up there, and come out the vents blowing ON ME!

Also, is there anything that could be blocking air flow, or otherwise slowing it down? My last 951 would blow the air out TWICE as fast.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2002 | 02:26 PM
TomH
Pro

Just a thought, but there are two control arms with the notorious clips that break. When the one breaks it gives you full time heating. Could the other have to do with the vent flaps, and your problem.

Also, there are two controls that send air up to the windshield. The slider control next to the other one that forces air down, and the one between the two large driver/passenger vents. (just another shot, but you probably already know this).
Old 07-29-2002 | 03:36 PM
PrerYDoG
Pro

I was not aware of the 2nd clip control, so I don't know what it does. I have replaced the one that continually pours hot air onto me (thank god I found and replaced that!).

I do know of both ways to make air not blow from up there. Good call on a solution though! I'm sure I wouldn't have been the first that needed that explination

Quick Reply: Stupid Fan blower