Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Kit Status Update

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 11:36 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Headlight Kit Status Update

The next run of headlight kit recieved well more than enough takers to make it happen. So it is a go!

I hope I got everyone who wanted in on the master list. If you have sent a deposit check you are on for sure. But if it was just an email and you haven't followed up with deposit yet, better tell me. I had a glitch where MSN changed my email address for about 2 days in there and I don't know if I received everything. I just went through about 300 emails and cleaned things up so hope I'm square here. If in doubt drop me a fresh email at wraydan@msn.com.

And if anyone else is on the fence, better fish or cut bait quick. I'm ordering parts tommorrow & while I'll get a few extra, there won't be that many extra.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:25 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have received the parts to make wiring harness' and will start cranking them out.

However, for those of you that are also getting the Cibie lenses, I have some bad news. We don't know what the heck Valeo (they bought out Cibie) is up to but they still don't have the lenses in their Paris warehouse. These lenses are made in a plant in Belgium so it is not like the French are staging some work related strike. This delivery problem isn't going to get any better because we have run into summer vacations. Half the workers take off the month of July and the other half take off August. I don't know what else to say as I really can't go over there and start kicking ***.

If some of you are chomping on the bit to get these installed, I can ship everything except the lenses and then send those later. Or consider switching to the Hella Supers. Those are very hard to get in North America also (they are different than the regular Hella E-Code lenses you see for sale), but can't be this bad. They also cost substantially more unless a deal can be worked out with the German parent. Performance is about a push with the Cibies. This route would probably take as long as waiting for the Cibies.

So that is where we stand.

Quick Reply: Headlight Kit Status Update