Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket carpets???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2002 | 09:20 PM
Turby
Banned

Post Aftermarket carpets???

Okay, so I was just told from the dealer that replacement carpets from them are no longer available.....discontinued. I have the can-can red interior, but have often thought of changing it to a darker shade of red like boxter red. Any ideas of where will provide a quality replacement?
Old 06-22-2002 | 09:51 PM
My944Turbo
Instructor

That's funny, last year I bought a few replacement carpet pieces for my car from the dealer, they weren't cheap, but they sure looked nice when they came in. It took about 2 and half months for them to show up, and I had to prepay, I was kind of nervous. I needed the pieces because I switched from white to black carpet and some of the pieces that I got needed to look better. I bought someones used carpet when they ripped it out to make it a track car.

Then again, maybe they still make the black carpet and not the other colors. Sorry I don't know where you can get some nice carpet though. I know performance products had a kit, but I don't think in any neato colors...and the kit was pretty shady if you ask me. I sent mine back in favor of some used carpet. Good luck with your search though. The only thing I can think of is finding a local shop that will do a custom install, then you could pic any color you wanted, but then again it would be pretty expensive.
Old 06-22-2002 | 09:57 PM
billybones
Burning Brakes

I don't have a Tweeks catalog handy, But I do know they sell carpet. Quality? I have no Idea. The catalog is free though.
Old 06-22-2002 | 10:13 PM
schlag
Burning Brakes

Vertex (if you have their catalog) sells some really attractive looking carpet. You can choose the inscription (ie. "944") and in two different types of script (the "block" type Porsche font or the "script" type Porsche font). You may also choose from a bunch of colors, both for the color of the carpet and the color of the inscription.
Old 06-23-2002 | 12:37 AM
Danno
Race Director

" last year I bought a few replacement carpet pieces for my car from the dealer, "

Are these the carpets that came with the car? I've got some that have the embroidered Porsche crest that could use some refreshing. Also these carpets have the clips on the bottom to tie into the straps at the seat rails to keep them from sliding forward.
Old 06-23-2002 | 01:17 AM
Turby
Banned

Just so I dont cause confusion here, not the floor mats, but the floor carpets on the door panels, front, rear. I got those mats Danno, except my straps all broke .

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carpets???