Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beru connector removal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 09:37 PM
MadMax
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Beru connector removal?

Okay,
I don't mean to sound stupid but, is there any special way to remove the Beru spark plug connector from the Cam Cover on an S2? I have pulled and pulled on mine and they don't seem to want to come out. I don't want to break them but I can't imagine how else they would be connected.

For as much work as I've done on this car I realize that this seems like a stupid question but I am doing the Cam-chain tensioner, painting the Cam cover, replacing all the rubber grommets in the cover and replacing the gasket.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, even if it is accompanied with a smart assed remark.

Thanks guys,
Max
Old 06-22-2002, 10:29 PM
AX993
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Max, On my 88 S, if I have a difficult plug connector to remove, I slide a large flatblade screwdriver under the connector horizontal arm (right where it joins to the vertical part)and, being careful not to scratch the camcover, pull up on the screwdriver handle to lever the connector off. Most people seem to use silicone connector lube (Autozone and most others) on the inside of the rubber part that slides over the white insulator of the sparkplug to make this task easier in the future. (But the rubber part that fits into the cam cover also could use it.)
HTH
Glenn

Quick Reply: Beru connector removal?