Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

European Car Mag

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 08:51 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Eric:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Doug&Julie:
[ I held on to my subscription for the early 911S project, but for me to do what they did would cost me $thousands$upon$thousands$. Just too goofy.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Is this the project that was a 911 slant? If so, I remember that from years ago(when I had a subscription). I recall they were really going to mod it out, and then they quit with the updates. Same thing with their "project Mercedes 450SL"--3 segments, then nothing. Hmm, if it wasn't the slant project, I remember them building a nice green IROC-look 911--could have been that one. I don't know, I haven't read that mag in years, although Tim, since you now have an A4, it is probably worth it.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">...nah, it's an early 911S they made into something of an RS replica, complete with Martini (on silver) paint scheme and newer 18" wheels. The car is truly beautiful, but they seem to gloss over the amount of money put into this car. (Probably because they got most of the stuff free for mentioning it in their magazine!?!) I'm guessing they do that for all their project cars?

Cheers...
Old 07-11-2003, 11:06 AM
924Superwagen
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Doug&Julie:
<strong>The car is truly beautiful, but they seem to gloss over the amount of money put into this car. (Probably because they got most of the stuff free for mentioning it in their magazine!?!) I'm guessing they do that for all their project cars?

Cheers...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Yeah they want you to think that they spent Über-dollars on their projects. They really get free stuff in exchange for ad space.

The 911S project is the only reason I have read EC these past few months. Other than that it's got some small feature texts and some pretty pictures. There's no substance anymore.

Quick Reply: European Car Mag