Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watch out for this guy (UPDATE)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 11:25 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
Swear out a complaint and get a warrant for his arrest. Fraud for that amount of $ is probably a felony in any state. You can definitely talk to him at the jail.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:27 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't stand sh1tty people who go back on their word like you describe. I feel terrible for you and wish you luck [even though it won't mean ****]...
Old 03-01-2003, 12:23 AM
mcavour
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should be able to place a lien on his car title trhough the state of Colorado, and then simply file a civil suit to recover your $$$$
Old 03-01-2003, 12:30 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If he is lurking and reading this thread you are committing FRAUD. If this gentleman decides to press charges you will be charged with this crime and could possibly serve Jail Time and punitive damages. This is a VERY serious offense that I would not take lightly. You're lucky he has not pressed charges as of yet I am a patient person but this is down right absurd
Old 03-01-2003, 12:55 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

who the hell would have blasted you for posting your situation. Give names!!! These people need to be straightened out!!!!
Old 03-01-2003, 12:58 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Sandoval,

Your post reads like the person who is posting can face charges...I'm sure thats not your intentions...Correct:-)

PS, lets seal that block :-)
Old 03-01-2003, 01:29 AM
User 462021
Banned

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by SANDOVAL:
<strong>If he is lurking and reading this thread you are committing FRAUD. If this gentleman decides to press charges you will be charged with this crime and could possibly serve Jail Time and punitive damages. This is a VERY serious offense that I would not take lightly. You're lucky he has not pressed charges as of yet I am a patient person but this is down right absurd</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">He hasn't been here for over a year.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:29 AM
User 462021
Banned

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by John Anderson:
<strong>who the hell would have blasted you for posting your situation. Give names!!! These people need to be straightened out!!!!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">It was some fruits over at Pelican.
Old 03-01-2003, 04:07 AM
kyle robert moore
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have been lurking in the shadows for a bit and reading alot on this board...here is my two pennies(one canadian and one american so its actually 1.65 cents)

i probably wouldnt deal with the APOS (aforementioned piece of ****) but iam relly glad you rattted dishonest people out. i think that this board is here for the porsche community and that we can all help each other out [read my post titled emergency list(sidviscious)] that was my rant and soap box gathering for the night soi wont go into detail here but my vote is that other people list people like that so that our friends arent taken advantage of by these losers and crooks. we all know that porsche can be expensive enough already lets not add to it by losong money woth non reputable people....

now some may think that this instance doesnt fit on a 944 board(i do) but mayeb we should contact moderators about a new board specifically for good and bad dealings of woth people ove the internet. the amount of meoney for your car was substantial and i think here it was viewed by many peopel in a high traffic board.....hence some people could say that had it been a 1.50 washer this guy was screwing you out of......interrrupted thought...helll no if some guy will screw youout of a 1.50 washer i want the oppurtunity to hear baout it here so that i wont get screwed by him too and neither will any of the other peole reading this.......

my 1.65 cents

kyle
Old 03-01-2003, 04:33 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kyle, stop being in the shadows and try stepping into the light..isn't this what Rennlist it about?

<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=017017" target="_blank">http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=017017</a>
Old 03-01-2003, 12:00 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts
Joe,
i sympathize with you and second MichelleJD's suggestions to take legal action. hire an attorney to help you recover your money, then sue him for fraud.

as for sandoval - dude what the hell have you been smoking? in what way do joe's actions constitute FRAUD? if anyone is guilty of fraud it is the loser who took joe's money and skipped town. i am not a lawyer but i doubt that this session would constitute fraud in any sense of the imagination.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Pilot Dave
Advanced

So Joe is in Alabama buying a car from a jackass in Colorado. Said jackass takes Joe's money and splits. I'm not a lawyer, but it sounds like VIPRKLR just committed interstate commerce fraud. In other words, it is a federal crime; jurisdiction of the FBI. Go to the local FBI office and file a complaint. That way he will be on a nation-wide computer system and when he gets pulled over for a traffic violation, there is a better chance they will arrest him.

Don Adkins (aka VIPRKLR), if this is a misunderstanding, do the right thing and clear up the mess. If you are the scumbag described in the email, I hope you get nailed.
Old 03-01-2003, 02:45 PM
AMCPILOT
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 22 Posts
Thanks for the variety of offers of assistance. Obviously some are not possible, practical or legal, so I will continue to pursue this in a civil manner. Part of my intent is to ask for help locating the individual and/or car, and part is to hopefully prevent any of you suffering the same fate if the car comes up for sale sometime again and anyone here tries to buy it.

Unfortunatley I am in the Air Force and am currently assigned as a student in the AIr Command and Staff College at Maxwell AFB and cannot take leave or time off to head up to Colorado to take care of this in person. Also, due to current world events, I do not know how much time I will have to devote to travelling and taking care of this situation in the weeks and months to come or if I will even be in the USA, thus my request for assistance on both the Pelicanparts BBS and on Rennlist.

I am sorry that a few of you seem to think I am the guilty party and am in error to expect closure on this matter. Perhaps I was wrong to actually honor my part of the contract? I can only ask if you were in my position and this situation is now going on the third month, just what would you do ... honestly?

I have looked into small claims court, but this will require me spending time in Coloarado and as I mentioned, I cannot do this for the forseeable future. I am pursuing other legal options, but fear that since much of the information the gentleman gave me on address, phone, work, etc ... are not valid. However, that will be for the authorities to determine.

I appreciate the continued offers of assistance from those of you who have taken the time to fully understand the entire situation and offer adult, thoughtful information. I also appreciate anyone keeping an eye out if this car comes back up for sale. I somehow doubt this will happen, but you never know.
Old 03-01-2003, 05:18 PM
Pilot Dave
Advanced

Go check with the legal services office on base. They will give you the straight deal, unlike us speculating armchair lawyers. After all, it's free.

Might be that you won't have to spend a lot of time hunting this guy down. You may be able to get a warrant for this guy or at least for the car. As soon as it's located by the authorities they will confiscate it and contact you.

My brother had a motorcycle stolen back in 1982. In 1995 the police contacted him and told him they found it. It was sold several times and finally ended up in the hands of a scum-bag that got arrested in '95. A VIN-check popped positive for a stolen bike and was returned. It took a while but the system worked (kind of).

If this *** tries to sell it again, the new owner must re-register it. The VIN should pop in a computer system somewhere in the near future.
Old 03-01-2003, 11:11 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
I assume you never swapped the title so the car is still legally his. The $ is not. I hope you didn't give him cash. You're going to need some kind of receipt. Check with legal services on base (JAG?) and see if they can help you. Sorry I'm not licensed in CO or I'd be happy to give you free legal services. If you can get venue in FL or IL.....

Quick Reply: Watch out for this guy (UPDATE)