Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRP Pedals - Updated Product Options 924/931/944/951/968

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 07:49 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRP Pedals - Updated Product Options 924/931/944/951/968

Hello,
I have added some options to the product line and felt it warranted a new thread. If you haven’t seen our other threads, my company is SRP Racing. We are an official Rennlist sponsor. We have been making racing pedals since 1995. This is what we specialize in. www.srpracing.com

As a reminder, I am going to keep running the Rennlist discount coupon code for Rennlist members. Just enter: rennlist while checking out for 20% off.
------------------------------------
I get this question all the time, “How come, on the Grid sets, the gas pedal and footrest don’t have the Grid machining on it?” Ideally you want your foot to slide across the gas pedal smoothly while applying the throttle. This is the reason the factory gas pedal is smooth, hard plastic. And this is the reason we make our gas pedal smooth. With the gas pedal smooth we decided to make the footrest and gas pedal match as it just seemed to look better that way.

With all of that being said, I have updated the website to allow ordering the Grid pedals with the Grid machining on the gas and footrest. This adds a considerable amount of time to the machining process, but I have decided to offer it as a NO-CHARGE option (this may change in the future).

I have updated our Grid pedals with a trim ring around the edge of the pedals. This gives the pedals a more refined look. The pictures below should make it clear what this option looks like. This is a NO-CHARGE option.

This picture shows the standard Grid pedal and the Grid Trim Ring pedal.

www.srpracing.com

Old 06-16-2009, 01:58 AM
RedRose
Racer

Damn those look great!
Old 06-17-2009, 05:38 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Here are some pictures of a Rennlister's 996 pedals (shipping tomorrow) with the Grid machining on all pedals, the trim ring, the double heel toe extension, and the flanged footrest - pretty much "the works".

Old 06-17-2009, 10:05 PM
jpk
Burning Brakes

Sold. I just ordered a set for the 968...
Old 06-21-2009, 04:45 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

I just updated the website to offer the double heel toe extension gas pedal for the 944, as shown above for the 996.

Here are pictures of the 944 pedals with the Grid finish, trim ring, and Grid on the gas and footrest.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:27 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Those are some fine lookin pedals !
Old 06-21-2009, 08:41 PM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are awesome. I'd love to replace my pedals...my brake pedal rubber is falling off - not sure how much life it has left on it. However, I just went out and looked at the pedals and the dead foot area and can't figure out how you would actually install these things? I thought when I pulled the rubber off I'd see a screw or something that would let me just pull the actual pedal off - but that's not what I see. Do these things just sit on top of what's already there? Do you have drill holes in the existing pedals or what?

EDIT: So, I found a picture of a 944 in your gallery - looks like you drill a couple holes for each pedal and screw em in. What about the dead foot piece? My area is pretty squishy with the plastic stock piece and carpet or something underneath it. Do you just drill 4 or 5 holes through the floorboard or what?

Finally, what options do I choose on your page to get the pedals like the ones in post #5?

http://www.srpracing.com/pd_944.cfm

I can't figure out if these are the grid or cleat option.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:05 AM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by choinga
These are awesome. I'd love to replace my pedals...my brake pedal rubber is falling off - not sure how much life it has left on it. However, I just went out and looked at the pedals and the dead foot area and can't figure out how you would actually install these things? I thought when I pulled the rubber off I'd see a screw or something that would let me just pull the actual pedal off - but that's not what I see. Do these things just sit on top of what's already there? Do you have drill holes in the existing pedals or what?

EDIT: So, I found a picture of a 944 in your gallery - looks like you drill a couple holes for each pedal and screw em in. What about the dead foot piece? My area is pretty squishy with the plastic stock piece and carpet or something underneath it. Do you just drill 4 or 5 holes through the floorboard or what?

Finally, what options do I choose on your page to get the pedals like the ones in post #5?

http://www.srpracing.com/pd_944.cfm

I can't figure out if these are the grid or cleat option.
Wow, I missed this post. I apologize.

Our footrest does cover the factory plastic piece. Our standard way of installing it is to just screw it into the factory piece. If you wanted to go longer on the screws and drill into the floor that could probably be done, you'd just need to check to make sure you aren't drilling into something important on the other side.

The pedals in post #5 are Grid pedals with the optional Trim Rings and optional Grid machining on the gas and footrest. The Grid costs extra, but the Trim Rings and the Grid on the gas and footrest are no charge options. Check out the link below for these options.
http://www.srpracing.com/cat-pedal-options.cfm

Brian

While I'm here I may as well post some more pictures. These are 944 pedals with the Grid machining and the optional Trim Rings and Grid on gas and footrest.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Dimi 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought a set.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:21 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Free bump for a great product.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:42 PM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Thanks - just ordered a set!! Do you ship with screws? If not, what do you recommend?

I'm assuming some type of directions will come with these - but are you saying that you just stick this right on top of the existing rubber?
Old 06-25-2009, 06:06 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by choinga
Thanks - just ordered a set!! Do you ship with screws? If not, what do you recommend?

I'm assuming some type of directions will come with these - but are you saying that you just stick this right on top of the existing rubber?
Thank you for the order.

The pedals come with the necessary hardware, in stainless steel.

There will be instructions in the box. I have also just updated our website and put the instructions on there too. You do remove the rubber from the brake and clutch before installing. The gas pedal has no rubber to remove.
http://www.srpracing.com/installation_instructions.cfm
Brian
Old 06-30-2009, 04:25 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Grid on gas and Trim Ring options with double heel toe extension.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:07 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Lotus Esprit Grid pedals with the Trim Ring and Grid on the gas.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:53 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Mini Grid Pedals with the Trim Ring and Grid on the gas and footrest. I have been working on making the Grid machining on the gas pedal not as grippy as the brake and clutch. These pedals have flat-top grid machining on the gas pedal, versus the pointy topped grids on the brake and clutch.

Quick Reply: SRP Pedals - Updated Product Options 924/931/944/951/968