Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is one good looking S2!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003 | 10:18 AM
Z-man
Race Director

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva"><strong>From the ebay ad:
Note: eBay removed this car from auction earlier today because they based their decision on false information from autocheck.com. eBay says the car has a Salvage title which IT DOES NOT. Autocheck.com sent me an email stating the status of the title as being CLEAR Georgia Title. The only way they will leave the auction alone is if I post it as a Salvage title... So I did. Autocheck.com shows the car HAD a salvage title because it was stolen and the owner was paid out by his insurance company. The car went through a Georgia State vehicle inspection and was given a clear title, WHICH THE CAR NOW HAS. It is so frustrating when dealing with "customer no service" on eBay with this issue. I will post a picture of the clear title today at the above mentioned website.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Once a car has a salvage title, it is considered a salvage vehicle. Period. Not matter what the current title says. One of the oldest tricks in the book is to register a car with a salvaged title in another state: often the 'salvage' part of the title doesn't transfer. Re-register it back in the original state: and viola! An "unsavaged vehicle!"

So that is essentially what happened to this particular car. Obviously the seller doesn't realize what he's talking about.

It's all about buyer beware.
-Z.
Old 02-11-2003 | 10:30 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Definately! You can get fooled by a good looking paint job, or a clean interior...you really have to be careful!

I think if I do buy another car, I'll post all the photos on this board, and have the eagle-eyed crew scan them for flaws/defects!
Old 02-11-2003 | 10:49 AM
Douglas_T
Racer

EBAY = Buyer beware! Good luck with the young ones guys!
Old 02-11-2003 | 11:02 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Andy,
How old, and is it a girl or boy. if a boy, tell that little prevert to keep his grimy mitts away from my daughter! how'm i doin? did i sound threatening? gotta start practicing!

Z
does what the seller said mean the car had a "salvage" title, now it has a "savage" title?

stolen... then what? from the pictures i doubt it was totalled because theinterior was stolen. looks like a rear end, and for all i know, a flood too.
Old 02-11-2003 | 11:22 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tom--Jenna was born on Halloween--so she's a little over 3 months old (14 weeks). And unless she's a mini-lesbian, your future-daughter is safe!
Old 02-11-2003 | 11:33 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Andy,
Phew,
I feel much safer now knowing she is a she! Now maybe i can get some sleep - while i still have a chance that is!

Oh, and feel free to use my lines on any young males that even think of looking at your daughter!

I may be going partners with a friend on a shotgun and a shovel.
Old 02-11-2003 | 01:16 PM
Z-man
Race Director

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Tom R.:
<strong>Z
does what the seller said mean the car had a "salvage" title, now it has a "savage" title?

stolen... then what? from the pictures i doubt it was totalled because theinterior was stolen. looks like a rear end, and for all i know, a flood too.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Cute, Tom. Cute.

-Z.
Old 02-11-2003 | 02:31 PM
P944forScott
Racer

Thumbs up

Just plain LOVE the color combo,
Yeah that particular car has seriouse issues.
But a 944S2 in those colors and excellent condition is at the the top of my dream car list!

Still searching!

Well I have some finacial issues so I can take my time looking.

Quick Reply: This is one good looking S2!