Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Fire/Garage sale with marine blue parts EDIT: PARTS ADDED

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009 | 03:46 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Default 944 Fire/Garage sale with marine blue parts EDIT: PARTS ADDED

So I've got a lot of stuff that is currently in NC but I am moving to FL and don't really feel like taking it with me. I will keep what I don't sell in my dad's warehouse in NC but it's a lot harder to sell when I'm not near it...

So I'll start the list but don't expect any pictures too soon. I will update next time I go check this stuff out The categories are:

Free if you pick it up / I may be made to ship them
A sylvania sealed beam headlight. Worked when I uninstalled it.

Aftermarket front door speaker grilles (there are speakers too...but you don't want them I don't think

An aftermarket CD player that would sometimes play cds and the buttons you know they also work sometimes.

Busted up alpine white front right fender. Used as polishing practice for my rotary. Kind of orange peeled- I don't even think it is original paint.

NA J-boot. Technically nothing wrong with it but it has some surface cracking.

Make on offer on these parts

$30 Torsion bars from "sport package" 89 944 NA
Removed these to install the larger (largest Porsche I think) m030 ones. I will get the caliper out to confirm their size.

$100 Aftermarket catback exhaust system, fabricated by local shop.
THE GOOD: Borla XR-1, flange for the catback (you can just bolt it up) and a porsche resonator as came on the later model 944s. The resonator is a must for avoiding the raspy sound! It sounded great on my car and is MUCH lighter than the stock.
THE BAD: The inlets/outlets on the XR-1 are large, as in greater than 3" I think. I told the muffler shop to fab up 2.5" from the catback flange, through the resonator, and back to the muffler and then to step it up to the larger size, but they didn't get the message and made the whole thing from rather large diameter pipe. The consequence is that it rubbed on my transaxle and the rear hangers don't line up as well as they could. I used it for at least a year but it is best used for the parts.

$70 MARINE BLUE non-sport drivers seat.
Has Power bottom that goes up and down front and rear but not back and forth. Non-heated. The bottom part leather is all there, but is broken at the seams. I replaced it with a black cloth sport seat. This is the darker "marine" blue as found on the 89- 944s, not the lighter "cobalt" blue found on the 968s. This color is available from Alan Gun Leather Accesories (I got a shift boot and wheel cover from there).

$75 MARINE BLUE non-airbag wheel.
The part number is the same as the wheel that came on my car, but the hub is somehow different, and the wheel does not sit down as far on the steering column. I think this was an "extended hub" option or something. The leather looks original, the stitching is tight, and it's in great condition! Comes with a center horn piece (also in nice shape). I've kept it for awhile thinking I was going to use it as a track wheel (putting the wheel closer to me).

$60 Aftermarket stereo with cassette tape player, remote CD changer and 2 CD magazines.

$60 NA Throttle body and installed TPS. This is actually a collector's item from the 944 roadster (if anyone remembers that chopped-up ride!). Never installed it but it worked when it was on the roadster.

$70 Aluminum control arms with blown-out Rennbay ball joints.
The bushings for the ball joints gave it up, but everything else is fine. The pins are the factory-length version (not the geometry correction ones) and are all but brand new. Call up Travis and get new bushings (with the bronze upper from the track kit!) and they will be in good shape. Add some polyurethane control arm bushings and you'll be set. If they don't sell, that's my plan for them, at least.

WHEELS / TIRES PICKUP ONLY

$10 4 oddly-worn Yoko R-comps.
I think these are 888s. A bit dry and worn in weird ways. Would be great learner tires for autocross. 16" diameter, unsure of width but I will check next time I'm near them. Would fit phone dials and most 16" 944 wheels.

$80 4 BFG R1 R-comps. 17" 225s and 245s
Lots of tread life left on them, but used at a track weekend and some autocrosses. Unfortunately one each of the the 225s and 245s had screws puncture the tire. They were patched and I ran autox on them for awhile that way, but they would leak down in between events. I just replaced the whole set. DO NOT take the repaired ones to the track!

EDIT $600 to reflect VW Vortex Price 4 15" Phone dials with worn es100s. Late offset (et52).
Paint is pretty worn. They are going on VW Vortex, but if you really really want them (more than the VW guys) you can have them.

Last edited by knfeparty; 06-09-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-08-2009 | 01:34 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Okay people, hate to double-post but I just wanted to make it clear...

Make an offer!

Quick Reply: 944 Fire/Garage sale with marine blue parts EDIT: PARTS ADDED